How to Check if a Link went Live on a List of Pages or Sites?

RBT

Degree
I have a question about back links.

I sent out a 100 emails asking for back-links and apparently I got some. However, I only found out by randomly checking some of the websites that I emailed. The links dont show in GSC, google search, Moz, Ahref anywhere.

How long does it take for back-links to update? Which tool is the best and most frequently updated? I thought GSC/ google search would be the fastest. I don't mind waiting but I have to send follow up emails.

Do I need to check all 100 sites manually? And 100 was just the first batch.

______

I have an update on my problem so I figured I'd post a reply in case anyone else ever has this issue.

Essentially, you search for the URL with the backlink on google. Then you click the tiny green arrow next to the URL and click on "cached". This shows you the cached version of the page, along with the date the cache was made!

In my case, the cache was dated 27 Oct and I def got the back-link after that. Why google has not crawled that DA 85 page in the last 18 days is beyond me. I guess I can check the other 100 sites one by one or just wait a few more days. :/

Wish there was a tool that could just open a 100 pages and Ctrl+F my website name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an update on my problem so I figured I'd post a reply in case anyone else ever has this issue.

Essentially, you search for the URL with the backlink on google. Then you click the tiny green arrow next to the URL and click on "cached". This shows you the cached version of the page, along with the date the cache was made!

In my case, the cache was dated 27 Oct and I def got the back-link after that. Why google has not crawled that DA 85 page in the last 18 days is beyond me. I guess I can check the other 100 sites one by one or just wait a few more days. :/

Wish there was a tool that could just open a 100 pages and Ctrl+F my website name.

Can't Screaming Frog do this?

Reactions: RBT

DA = domain authority. Domain authority is a fairly terrible metric, but even if you're using that, it's about the domain, not the page's authority. That page may have never been updated since written and may have few internal or inbound links, and therefore it's not going to be crawled regularly. 18 days is nothing. Come back if it hasn't been indexed in 6 months.

Back