Google Search Console shows 1000's of Impressions but no Clicks on Page 1?

RBT

Degree
My GSC is showing several thousand impressions at #1 but no clicks for one keyword.

6GmaH8Z.png

So I investigated a bit and found that the stock image that I used from canva (I have a subscription there) is being shown at the top of the search results. Its not an infographic or anything, just one of those generic stock images.

Please advise how I can fix this so that I can actually use GSC to analyze my content SEO. Is there a way to stop all my stock images from showing in results or something? I do have 2-3 infographcis but those never seem to rank :(

No wonder no one is clicking on those useless stock images. Why google even shows them is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the search type filter set to "Image" instead of "Web"?
Also, if you don't want images indexed you can set it up in the Yoast SEO plugin to not index attachments (assuming you're using WordPress and Yoast). Just go to "Search Appearance", click the "Media" tab and make sure "Redirect attachment URLs" is set to yes.

For those who've used Sendy, practically speaking, is there any difference between installing it in a folder versus a subdomain?

Is the search type filter set to "Image" instead of "Web"?
Also, if you don't want images indexed you can set it up in the Yoast SEO plugin to not index attachments (assuming you're using WordPress and Yoast). Just go to "Search Appearance", click the "Media" tab and make sure "Redirect attachment URLs" is set to yes.

It was web search, not images. That's what was annoying.

The keyword in that screenshot was an obvious case but on further investigation I found that it was happening for some of my other keywords as well. Quite an annoyance since it really messes up GSC analysis.

That Yoast setting has always been set to yes on my site. I don't think it prevents indexing. I think it just prevents new pages being created for each image. In my case, stock images were just ranking at the top on the web results carousal and getting thousands of impressions but no clicks.

I found that I can use robots.txt to stop indexing images but since I do have some infographics, I don't want to do that for now. What I have done for now is changed the files-names and alt-text of images to be less descriptive. That way, hopefully, google wont rank them for keywords.

Back