Site Losing Traffic After PBN Deindexed. What Should I Do?

Degree
Im not sure where to post this but need your honest opinion and I will summarize that for your really quick.

- On March 13 my website got a hit but - Majority of PBN links which point only to homepage get deindexed.

- The most important post which is linked from homepage get slowly decrease in rankings:

9b4923f24ceffb508811b97c912d6d2f.png

(moderator note: don't link to images, embed them)

-- if you see on MARCH 13 it slowly get to page 2 but can anyone explain me what is happening in APRIL? Right now is main keyword on PAGE 10 as you see on graph, is this still a google dance? Other keywords for this post are still in a bottom of PAGE 1 or top of PAGE 2 which is acceptable, only the main keyword is problem.

I didnt updated the post, no backlinks are deindexed or anything else, everything is fine.
I would be really happy if main keyword can get back to PAGE 2, this is frustrating. How long it could take? I said to myself that I would wait till end of the May and hopefully it will get back.

What I did?
- On From April 2 To April 12, create new quality links to homepage, even better than the previous one with same anchors brand, generic, naked urls - that the only thing which I did.

Can anyone give me some advice? Basically nothing changed, new posts are indexed withing day or two without help, no message in webmaster tools...

@micho24, it's hard to say much, even with the level of detail you provided. You'd think it's because the homepage lost the PBN links and therefore is flowing less page rank to the post (since it's linked from the homepage).

The weird part is that it's only affecting the main keyword and not the others as much. Does the link from the homepage pointing to this post use the main keyword as the anchor text for the link? It could be possible that after Google took down those PBNs that it decided it no longer trusts your homepage and the links directly on it (as opposed to your navigation links, etc.).

Another thing is that the main keyword could be far more competitive than the secondary keywords, which could explain why the secondary ones are hanging on better.

And finally, it's possible that the March 13th problem & the April 2nd problem are coincidental but not connected. Google may have reclassified the intent of that main keyword and decided your post no longer matches the correct intent. Have you checked to see if your same competitors are still there? If not, then see if there's a new style of post and a new intent that is now ranking versus what you and your competitors did in the past.

Thank you very much for answer.

Does the link from the homepage pointing to this post use the main keyword as the anchor text for the link? -yes

The TOP 10 is totally the same as before, no change. Im aware of the competition of the keyword and all other variants, the variants are basically: something main keyword, or something main keyword something...

As I said Im totally fine that the main keyword drop a few spots at the March 13 when PBNs gets deindexed, but I already replaced them on April 2, and after they got indexed these things start happening - big drops.

How long would you wait if you were in my situation? I honestly dont want panicking and delete backlinks or disavowing them but dont know how long to wait.
If the main keyword would still ranking Page 2 I would not even post here but these big drops scares me a lot. Is this look to you like a Google dance? or do you have something else in your mind? I would be happy to hear more.

How long would you wait if you were in my situation?

I would wait the 60-90 days - leaning towards the full 90 days before doing anything else. This is Google testing whether you are doing SEO or something, if you disavow or change something further, you'll get dropped from the top 100.

Back