How Do You Identify Under-Performing Pages in SEO? What Metrics Matter?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
How do you attribute "underperforming" pages?

First of all, there's a massive difference pr. keyword, then there's a massive difference in who buys what and when. Then there's the Google search traffic variance (for newer pages), then there's the copy, the layout, the comparison tables (or lack off).

That's not even talking about CTR vs CR.

TL/DR, I feel like some pages are underperforming, clearly looking at CTR.

Initial reaction, I lack clear defined goals for each page. If I make an info/long tail page, then the goal can be click through to money page, social share or link. In that case, lay off affiliate links entirely? On the other hand, if engagement isn't great from these long tail info pages, then cram some more affiliate links in there?

How do you attribute "underperforming" pages?

First of all, there's a massive difference pr. keyword, then there's a massive difference in who buys what and when. Then there's the Google search traffic variance (for newer pages), then there's the copy, the layout, the comparison tables (or lack off).

That's not even talking about CTR vs CR.

TL/DR, I feel like some pages are underperforming, clearly looking at CTR.

Initial reaction, I lack clear defined goals for each page. If I make an info/long tail page, then the goal can be click through to money page, social share or link. In that case, lay off affiliate links entirely? On the other hand, if engagement isn't great from these long tail info pages, then cram some more affiliate links in there?

This is how I define performance.
• Lead Generation Page ( How many leads generated and conversion rate via all traffic generation)
• SEO Traffic Page (If it's On Page and Links are good enough to appear #1 and how much organic traffic generated)
• Scholarship Page (how many edu links built)
• Power Page (how many links built from other sites)
• Sales Page ( How many sales based on traffic from Traffic pages)
• PPC Page (how is the quality score and converion rate)
Based on that list I can quickly see... yep... this is a good page.... or... it needs work!

Back