How Many Natural Backlinks Should I Expect Per 1,000 Visitors? Any Case Studies On This?

Jared

Breaking the Shackles of a Lifetime of Bummery
Degree
Does anyone have a reasonable estimation on visitors-to-links ratio you expect for quality content?

I was just watching a video from Ahrefs, and they suggest around 1,0000:1; that is, for every 1,000 visitors to their blog, they expect to organically acquire 1 backlink from those visitors.

Is anyone here actually tracking this metric?

Does anyone have a reasonable estimation on visitors-to-links ratio you expect for quality content?

I was just watching a video from Ahrefs, and they suggest around 1,0000:1; that is, for every 1,000 visitors to their blog, they expect to organically acquire 1 backlink from those visitors.

Is anyone here actually tracking this metric?

That depends heavily on the niche. So if ahrefs said you can expect the same ratio, they a wrong.

A large percentage of their readers are also seo bloggers and will reference them on their own blog.

You're just not going to get the same ratio of webmasters to readers if you operate a website in the car repair or gaming niche. You might do better, or you might do worse, but you won't get the same as you will in the seo niche with either of those examples.

Totally agree with @Calamari. I've been a long time out of the affiliate game after getting sucked into agency work and jumping back in with two feet.

Have to admit while I've hated being at the beck n call of others, it has given me the chance to dip my toe into a lot of niches and the type of numbers can vary widely from niche to niche, but also with the demographic. Working with a couple of travel brands, one did really well as it had a young, hip vibe, whereas another with a much older, less tech savvy audience was much slower (though converted extremely well when people hit the site).

Back