Someone is Copying My Content, What Are My Options? Contact Them? DMCA Takedown? Contact Their Monetization Companies?

Degree
There is a guy that is translating some of my posts (like 20% of all my articles) on Spanish language and publishing on his own blog. When I get to his blog, it automatically translates to English. The URLs of those pages are in Spanish.

He didn't link to my original page but he did copy my interlinks and my affiliate links also, which is weird because I can now earn money from his audience. How should I approach this? I didn't contact him yet but I am concerned what is big G going to think.

Last edited:
@Magister,
@The Engineer just posted this: DMCA Takedown Attorney Interview with Pat Flynn. I listened. It outlines everything we've said in other posts. Your choices are...
  • Hit them up personally
  • File a DMCA takedown request with their host
  • File a DMCA takedown request with Google
  • Try to choke off their monetization by hitting them up
In my opinion, although other bleeding hearts have fought against me for saying it, is to never hit the person up. They aren't your friend, they don't want to be your friend. They want to steal your content. Don't let them know you're aware of the situation. You make contact and you paint a target on your back, and you can expect revenge and blowback. Some people didn't listen, they hit up the enemy expecting flowers and rainbows, and got the opposite.

Your best bet is to just get them deindexed from Google by going to this URL while you're logged into your Google account:
Code:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-notice?pli=1

Take screenshots of their site and yours. Take screenshots in Spanish and with the translated English. You're protected by copyright law if you're in the US. What they're doing isn't "fair use" if they're taking the entire article.

Another thing you can do is to check to see if they even get any traffic at all, using Alexa, Ahrefs, SEMRush, etc. If they don't, you can just let it go. My posts get copied onto silly Web 2.0's and crap. I just disavow all the internal links and move on. You might keep tabs on them and crush them as soon as anything pops off. You'll hurt their motivation far more that way too, possibly saving other people the trouble of dealing with this.

Thank you. I looked it up and it turns out that his website started in October 2017. By now he has over 200 articles. I guess most of them are just copied. Now, the weird part is that he copied interlinks only with my articles. So now he is linking to my pages, that is how I found him. He also copied my affiliate links.

His site doesn't have any traffic according to SEMRush. Best position is 13. on 300 volume KW. His FB page is only 20 people.

I will keep an eye on him and disavow all links for now.

Back