Newbie at PPV/CPA

Degree
Hey Guys!

So i've decided to give PPV traffic a crack. I've tried in the past at a few things with it and never really managed to get it to convert consistently. I suspect half the problem is my efforts have petered out after running like only 2 campaigns. So my goal this time is to get 10 campaigns up and running and see what I can get to work. Money wise...my initial goal is small and I just want a campaign/s to nett a stable $20 a day to prove to me that I can do it before investing massively to scale.

I'm specifically looking at diet and skincare trials but am open to suggestions on trying any other niches as well. I'm running traffic through Lead Impact and will be tracking with prosper.

Some Initial Questions I have:

1. I know that hosting speed is important for the pops...so any recos on good VPS hosts?
2. Landing pages...I hate making them...but I know they are essential. I've always found that any lander I make, typically using a screenshot method, sucks and doesnt have much of a CTR. Any tips to improve?
3. PPV targets - Half the issue i've had is getting enough traffic. It seems by picking 50 targets etc that I just dont get enough coming through. Yet when I do it off keyword only...I get heaps of traffic but nothing converting.

So thats pretty much it.

All comments appreciated.

anatomy-perfect-landing-page.png

Image isn't mine, but I've used this general method with some split testing for different markets. It always seems to work pretty great. Calls to action and form fillouts on the top right of the page always seem to do better for me than anywhere else on the page, but I deal mostly in lead generation type markets. I'd be interested to know anyone else's experiences with it.

Thanks chaddicus....I might give that format a go. Previously, I had just taken a screen shot of the actual offer page and maybe chopped it up a bit and added a title using pixlar...but that seemed to give pretty bad results...not because it looked bad but because I suspect it was easy and everyone was doing it.

Also, I know heaps of people use boxofads and whatrunswhere to look at competitors ads...but do you think copying creative actually works..or are you better off coming up with something unique angle wise.

If it ain't broke don't fix it is my general philosophy. That being said, straight up copying somebody's creative for your own use is never the best way to go IMO. Every copy, every image, every landing page has principles of use. Use those must have elements and then put your own spin on it. Then, as always, test and retest. The same ad for two different online games could produce vastly different results. Using something like optimizely.com is what helped me hone in on conversions for my industries.
I typically use what runs where to see what ad networks my competition is working with, not necessarily to copy their ads. If I wanted to do that I would just use SEMrush or some such.

Okay so i've setup 2 seperate campaigns on CPVLab for 2 offers. I designed a couple of landing pages for each offer and its all ready to go and just waiting to be approved at Lead Impact. Will see what sort of results I get and whether I can improve it to at least break even point.

I'll report back when i've got some stats.

Back