New Marketer Questions

Degree
Hey guys wanted to get you folks opinion on a current project.

My day job is in sales in the real estate industry. So the company has several locations and their marketing is pretty much non existent (their extremely old School and just advertise in each citys newspapers).The homes they sell are extremely well built and the only reason I think they have stayed in competition with other companies who have huge advertising and web presence and marketing.

I got a Crm system setup just for our location and, Started on some Email marketing, and setting up better follow up and referral tracking. So this is my first time doing a lot of these things so I'm learning as I go. Were already noticing a huge improvement and now want to move onto the next step.

I was wanting to build a custom website to run and direct our PPC ads and Facebook add traffic. Now the Parent company has a website but it is abysmal I've been here 3 months and we get about 3 leads from there a month. All asking extremely easy question that should be answered by the website instead of generating leads.

Anyway it would at first be a separate website from the company website to test out all this new marketing I'm doing.

Do you guys see a possible Problem from a SEO as Far as getting ranked for the (company Name)+ our location name.( I guess it might not matter because well be using paid traffic) the domain I purchased is wwx.buy(companyname).cxm . The company name on the website would be Company name + City (our office)

I might make a progress thread just to keep track of me stumbling through all this. Actually after going through the digital crash course There's a a good opportunity to create a Authority site on this specific industry and generate leads. Anyways any tips would be great to hear!

ps: Anyone recommend a Real estate theme on theme forest? I know the General consensus is there all terrible and bloated for speed so I"m wondering if anyone had alternatives.

I don't see any problem, especially if you're not actively attempting to rank and it's PPC work. Even if you attempt to rank it shouldn't have any negative effect on the main site. You could try to rank this mini-site / lander for the local terms only, but if you start interlinking with branded social media accounts and do schema and all of that you'll probably end up with two sites ranking for the brand term.

It sounds like your entire goal is to optimize the PPC conversion rates and then convince them to implement that on the main site. I wouldn't add on the extra responsibility of SEO. I'd stick to the goal and keep my eyes on the prize.
726 x 216

I agree with @Ryuzaki
and just wantted to throw 1 or two new marketing ideas at you as well.
Have you considered creating a facebook event when a home is up for sale, essentially it'll just work as sales copy for the individual home but they rank fast and easy, and another idea might even be to have a video tour of the house on youtube now I know probably not that many will buy just from the video but it could potentially be a great lead magnet and be just the thing that set you appart from the rest of your competitors when it comes to creativity in marketing, if you live stream it using either open broadcast studio (free tool) I'll bet you can rank for those local terms really fast, often within minnutes or hours.

Heck you could even create a web 2.0 for each property with a sales compy and shit really fast, or maybe even combine the the whole thing and have a massive online pressence at once since really you only need to produce the salescopy once and then modify it slightly.

Back