Introductions Thread

Welcome aboard. Yeah, I'm interested in seeing how you do once you have to wear every hat instead of having 11 other people with the responsibilities distributed across them. There's no better way to find out what you don't know (and learn it) than to encounter it in the field on your own project with nobody else to hand it off to. I think you'll do just fine, especially with so many mental barriers already broken down by seeing what's possible at the day job. Catch you around the forum!

----

Do you perform these campaigns for yourself or for an agency or clients?

That's gonna be the one thing I find the most challenging - wearing the right hat at the right time and while there's going to be a lot that I don't know, one thing that I do is that a good plan is crucial.

Hello guys,

My name is Amru and I am new to this forum. I have found out about BuSo from a case study/interview from CloudLiving. The guy who was interviewed mentioned about this and /r/JustStart. While I am part of the Just Start community on Reddit, I was not part of this forum and I thought I would give it a shot.

I took the time to read a few case studies and I have to say that I really like the information provided in there. At a first glance, it looks like the members in here offer more than just the very minimum information. They really put effort into their case studies (take CCarter's SAAS journey as an example).

Business-wise, my goal is to start an Amazon Affiliate site that I will take to $1000/mo within a year. Once I have that, I can start creating my own informational products, as it's a niche I am passionate about. With time I may also get into creating my own physical products. The sub-niche I am working in is part of the fitness industry, so there's plenty of room for growth.

Other than that, I really want to grow in every important area of my life - I believe that this is how I will reach fulfillment.

Contributing to this forum

I am a strong believer in the "be the first one to offer" mindset. For this reason, I want you to know what I can help you with or how I can contribute to this forum:
  • Productivity tips
  • Fitness advice
  • A case study that will hopefully motivate and help lots of people
Lastly, once I can post in more forums, I will create a thread in which I will go deep into the whole motivation/productivity side of things. This will hopefully help you, as well as it will help me with my content writing/formatting skills.

Until next time,
Amru

Fantastic @amru82, welcome aboard. Tung at CloudLiving is running a very nice blog. I'm glad we made our way into one of his posts.

Since you're new, I'd like to point out the Digital Strategy Crash Course we have here. You'll find an unbelievable breadth of deep information there helping you understand the steps involved in internet marketing success.

I'd love to see you share some productivity tips in the Garden section. But if I had to vote on how you contribute, I'd vote for a case study. Simply because they're always my favorite type of thread here.

Thanks for the welcoming message!

I have already started going through the DSCC and I really like it so far. I have a fair amount of experience in the IM world - at the very least theory - so I won't be starting from ground zero. However, the CC is very good and I can see how it will bring a lot of value to what I already know.

As for whether I'll do a case study or the productivity tips article...

latest

Hello BuSo!

Like many of you, I've been SEO'ing for quite a while, with a few breaks here and there to learn something new.

Mostly worked in an agency setup, and as a freelance consultant.

Been coming here a lot lately (loads of value in the threads), and thought it's about time I became active.

Hope to add as much value as I've gained from reading you guys.

Hey @Stewy, welcome. Do you have any projects of your own or any you have a stake in? That's where the real fun begins in my mind. Yes, please do post and share some of your knowledge. The more the merrier!

@Ryuzaki Thank you for the warm welcome :smile:

I recently launched a magazine style site (blog) in the health niche.
This was before the Medic update... not sure this was the best niche/choice but hey, why not.

Starting to get some good SEO traction/traffic - but need to work on monetizing correctly.
Might start a journal here on BuSo, could be interesting to share some insights and progress.

Hello Builder Society!

I've found this forum to be such a fantastic resource over the years, being a mad lurker like many, finally feeling compelled to get active and try to integrate a bit more into the community.

I am based out of Taipei Taiwan, but originally a Wisconsin native.

Got my start in 2012 working in-house for a software company ranking with mostly comments and guest posts, before every admin and their uncle charged.

Slowly tested a few sites of my own. Made some huge blunders early on. One domain was deletefacebook.info. Yes, I cringe just typing that.

Moved on to a Taiwan-based e-commerce brand and learned some new skills. Now manage accounts for a prominent agency out of S.Africa. Life is like a box of chocolates.

Working on building out my own sites in a more robust fashion, including non-Amazon-dependent properties and local stuff.

If anyone has any questions about ranking in Asia I've also run a few interesting tests here, including a bit of client work.

Hope to keep learning from you all and contributing in a constructive way whenever I am able.

If anyone is in Taiwan please let me know, beer on me :wink:

Cool, welcome, how do you like living in Taiwan? I considered trying it out at one point as an upgrade in living standard to SEA.

Hi and thanks Bernard!

Lived in Taiwan for almost 9 years. I'm pretty over it at this point, but I'm sure I'll miss it after being out for a while.

Pros:
-Generally kind if not indifferent people
-Eclectic culture with dashes of both western and Japanese flavors (Taiwan was a Dutch, Portuguese and Japanese colony)
-No snow
-Great public transportation (better than both Seoul and HK imo)
-Quick and cheap flights to both EA and SEA locations
-Unique hip vibe with vibrant cafe scene, excellent coffee quality everywhere

Cons:
-Rabid stereotyping and bit of micro-racism prevalent in most homogenous societies
-Rapidly increasing cost of living (USD $13 cocktails, USD$11 pasta, USD$5 coffee, in a country with meager USD$1,000/month avg. earnings for locals, USD$2,000 for westerners)
-Poor spoken English skills among locals
-Hot and humid as all hell in summer
-International marginalization, major brain-drain, stagnating economy
-Almost (there are a few of us) non-existent digital marketing scene

From traveling the Philippines and Malaysia I'd rate it a definite step up in living quality. Compared to S.Korea, Japan, HK or Shanghai though, I'd say a slight step down.

Happy to connect more if you're seriously considering a move and have any other questions :smile:

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker but finally getting stuck in.

Threw up an affiliate site a couple of years ago that has slowly improved without actually adding any content or link building. Hit 1k commission in July which was a surprise, even though the traffic was seasonal and it's dropped right back down. So now i'm attempting to go all in on this opportunity.

In the day I work for a digital agency but dedicated almost all my evenings over the last 3-4 months to write around 200k words.

Lets see where this goes.

Well... you have a nice springboard to get started from: an aged, earning site. That should keep your motivation high. Welcome to BuSo, glad you started posting.

Make sure you track the keywords the articles are optimized around and see which level of competition Google will quickly rank you for. That way you'll have a target you can go after for the quickest ROI.

Welcome! Would love to follow along with a journal in the lab if you had one. The time from 0-1k can be hellish, being past that you're in a place many, many wish they could be. Hope you'll share where it goes and what you learn along the way.

Well... you have a nice springboard to get started from: an aged, earning site. That should keep your motivation high. Welcome to BuSo, glad you started posting.

Make sure you track the keywords the articles are optimized around and see which level of competition Google will quickly rank you for. That way you'll have a target you can go after for the quickest ROI.

Thanks,

Yes it was the proof that i personally needed to see that i can work. It's all well and good when you see other people doing it, but it's much different when it happens to yourself.

Unfortunately it was from one article that is seasonal for summer so its plummeted back down but the rest of the site isn't seasonal so time to get the keywords ranking!

Welcome! Would love to follow along with a journal in the lab if you had one. The time from 0-1k can be hellish, being past that you're in a place many, many wish they could be. Hope you'll share where it goes and what you learn along the way.

Planning to once I get over the new member restrictions.

Although I wouldn't say I'm doing anything different at all, just writing a bunch of articles.

Thanks a lot for the Likes and thank you too Ryuzaki. You are right! Work hard the smart way!

Sorry for the delayed in response. One of my income "middleman" got hit after a few days of writing the OP haha :tongue: Paypal blocked me completely with a no appeal BS, my product does not agree to their terms. My backups are running but ofcourse and as they say, dont put all your eggs in 1 basket <-- (CCarter appears in my head with that quote dunno why hahaha). Anyways a hit is a hit with or without back up but after a few weeks of adjustments its all good now :smile:

Lettuce begin rehashing the Digital crash Course and getting my website fully loaded. I know I will get some gold nuggets that I missed when i was starting :smile:

I love Taiwan. What part of Taipei do you live in? "Dong Qu"? I spend a lot of time there.

I actually spend most of my time working out of my apartment in Xindian or cafes around Da-an. Save Dong Qu for boozin on weekends mostly :smile:

Hi,
My name is Bharatwaj Rao. I am from India and I run my own small time business of marketing in which I do local offline hoardings and also online business of Social media marketing for small businesses.
I am here to learn new things.
Things I know
Wordpress,Php and small server management things.

Hi, welcome. Can you explain what "hoardings" are? I've not heard that term before.

What's up guys?

I'm a long time poster on WF and BHW as well as a long time lurker on BUSO. I figure it's finally time to build out my account here so I can start posting reviews of all the stuff I buy from the marketplace!

I've been dabbling in affiliate marketing / e-commerce since my high school days (over 15 years ago). I've been doing this full-time my whole life. (God bless the internet for never forcing me into a 9-5 job!) As for my skills, I'd say I'm OK at SEO and getting free traffic, but not much else. Thank god for outsourcing!

I lived in NYC for the past 10 years but finally settled down here in Austin, TX with the wife and kids to escape the NYC income taxes (If any BUSO members are in Austin, send me a PM!)

Glad to have you posting. Are you working on your own sites or are you running an agency or what?

Back