NEW Facebook Page Question

Degree
I keep making new pages in familiar niche because I never know which pages get viral and which don't. Also works well with my niche.

I made a new page recently. Got about organic 5000 likes using some boost. I don't want the same people liking the pages so cross promotion is low. Everything is fine. It is on a theme that I already have several pages. Then I stop promotion to gain some organic likes. I am sharing good posts. Posts that gets very good engagements on other pages.

Then I noticed something I never noticed before. It happened suddenly. Anything I share, It gets over 15K reach. 20 K average. Total fan is just over 5000.

But the page engagement is almost Nil. Something 18/20 max. Average 4/5. How come the reach is so high and almost nil engagement. I have never seen so little engagement. Is the reach also an outlier or is facebook testing something on me lol

What is strange is engagement was fine before I suddenly got the reach boost.

I am trying all the tricks of the trade. Using comment bait and such, and still no engagement. It is as if FB is showing my posts to ghosts.

Anyone noticed anything similar?

I might have overlooked something, but I can't think of any reason. I was happy to see the reach andthen noticed that there is no engagement at all.

Adding a picture wait.

See the image.
R3KzO2m.png

I had normal reach and had normal engagement. And suddenly that. The outlier is a video

Totally fucked up. My reach is still going up and no engagement. Looks like facebook is sending me fake reach. WIll try to upload some videos

I don't know, but I do know that Facebook is really pushing their video streaming artificially in feeds. That might explain videos getting that reach

I have a number of FB Fanpages, and what I have noticed is that, the Pages where I've set to not show in certain countries (ones known for clickbait farms) are working as 'normal'. My others have been very bizarre for the past few weeks.

Do the posts include some sort of "call to action" or question that demands an answer?

I'm not an expert, but from everything I've read I've concluded that the only time you ever give Facebook your money is when setting up an ad to send targeted traffic to an offer/optin page.

Also, if you're using Boost, you're not setting the objective, Facebook is. Something to consider.

Back