New BuSo Feature

Degree
Guys,

thought I might share this one with you, since it shouldn't go under undeservingly. @The Engineer has implemented a pretty neat new Feature where you can check out all the Posts that you either liked or got you likes.

qoZ9i1m.png

Not sure what the Mods think about it, but we might as well use this Thread for Feature Suggestions or any Ideas you have regarding the improvement of this Forum.

since it shouldn't go under undeservingly.

This was the first item on my to do list. There's one benefit to sleeping late... @turtle does your work for you! Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good one. It'll raise the barrier for getting likes when some will use it as a bookmarking system, which rewards the highest quality posts.

We need an angry react button.

Similar to above, we discussed reaction buttons. An angry reaction incentivizes trolls by rewarding them with a stimuli and a counter to increase. A funny reaction does the same for off-topic humor. Unlike Facebook, we wouldn't be using these to manipulate your news feed to keep you on site longer. They would only serve to reduce the quality of the conversation.

I'd love to hear suggestions, mainly ones that either enhance the UI for regular users or help increase the quality and amount of conversation.

or help increase the quality and amount of conversation.

It'd be great if there was some kind of hybrid between the News & Latest Posts in the sidebar. Either to highlight interesting threads on the forum, or threads which the mods want to draw attention to.

A good example would be the journey threads, I have a hard time keeping up with what to be following these days. Views & replies don't necessarily indicate value. Obviously there's a lot to consider there, but definitely worth the consideration imho.

Too true. Focusing on "the best", is ideal from a performance standpoint. Winners never achieve anything of significance by dwelling on the bad.

From a UI standpoint, I think if there was an easy way to make likes appear more prominently, and/or stats about them (such as profile pages, or highlighting the most liked post in a thread, etc.), I think it might help further reinforce for users, that quality like that is the desired behavior. Stackoverflow does that well, and the Discourse forum software does as well. In some cases, might be as simple as a different, lightly colored background color for some div, like the user's post, or maybe the "User's like this" box below the post. Thanks for all of your hard work @The Engineer!

Back