New affiliate since amazon changes?

Degree
Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone has changed from using amazon's affiliate program to a different (or multiple different) affiliates.

In a niche I am looking at there are other sites which offer 10% commission opposed to amazons 5% but I'm worried that there will be a big drop off in conversion rate as it isn't a known brand like amazon - has anyone made the change? What were the results?

Thanks

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone has changed from using amazon's affiliate program to a different (or multiple different) affiliates.

In a niche I am looking at there are other sites which offer 10% commission opposed to amazons 5% but I'm worried that there will be a big drop off in conversion rate as it isn't a known brand like amazon - has anyone made the change? What were the results?

Thanks
Noone is going to be able to tell you anything that will be of any use to you without knowing exactly what you're promoting, what pages through and where the traffic comes from.

So, just test it yourself? If it is lower revenue, it'll only be a few weeks. Presumably, that's not going to kill you.

Yeah I agree, I was just curious if anyone had made the change and how it affected their bottom line.

I'd venture to say your assessment is correct. Your double commission may help balance out your halved conversion rate. The nice thing with Amazon is that you'll get credit on items you didn't promote, and as you start sending enough volume of clicks that can become fairly substantial.

I have options, like you, on my main project and I decided to keep Amazon and scale harder, which I should have been doing anyways. I've seen my best month yet in the program after the pay cut, so it's definitely doable. This is the internet. The restrictions of the physical world don't apply! You can scale fast and hard and go out and attract traffic as well. All you have to do is drop a cookie on 'em.

Thanks for the reply Ryuzaki. Yeah the 24 hour cookie does have its benefits that's for sure, especially if you are promoting smaller items with higher volumes as the odd big purchase each day can make your profits jump quite a bit daily.

P.S. I really enjoyed your writing on the crash course, especially Day 22 the organization and productivity article.

The Amazon changes actually forced me to test out a bunch of different affiliates, and I was pretty suprised.

Revenue didn't go down and in some cases went up.

I still really like Amazon though and use it for around 40-50% but the rest I've replaced and it's worked out really well. Just gotta test test test and look at your competition to see what they're using and copy them.

I still really like Amazon though and use it for around 40-50% but the rest I've replaced and it's worked out really well. Just gotta test test test and look at your competition to see what they're using and copy them.

Yeah I think the beauty of Amazon is that it's so big, trust able and have the infrastructure in place for affiliates so I think it will be used for years to come BUT it definitely doesn't seem to be offering the best commission rates. This particular site isn't made yet but I was curious to see what other peoples results had been like when changing.

Back