Need a hosting recommendation for a Big Brand site

RiverStyx

Boot Camp
Degree
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place but I need a bit of advice. I'm currently rebranding and rebuilding from scratch a clients website. This client is a big brand already but their current server setup is a god awful mess so I want to move away from all the legacy crap and start fresh on a new server.

They're currently using AWS which I'm finding very complex to understand and which I think may be overkill for their needs. These are the details of the site and traffic at the moment:

-wordpress site
-ecommerce
-UK and Ireland based (we're moving to one domain per country instead of the current subfolder strategy to simply the site)
-sub 100K visitors per month
-only about 10-20 high value products for sale at any one time
-low volume of online sales.

Over time they'll want to expand with additional websites for other territorties but this is what we're rebuidling right now.

Recommendations for a good, reliable, scalable host with UK servers?

https://jelastic.cloud/?_ga=1.32482942.1742881437.1490385426&regions=EU

If they're used to managing their own infastructure on AWS a good PAAS solution I had a play with is Jelastic. Looking at this list they have a UK based provider rated 5*. Jelastic was super simple to get started with but has all the scaling and power they may be used to from AWS. Worth a quick look anyway imo. (I'm not an affiliate/cloud hosting expert etc etc).

I can recommend

https://www.hostsurfuk.com/

UK data center, powerful servers, no problem with clean IPs, multiple IPs can be had, cpanel support, and even high volume mailing.

24/7 server monitoring

Been around since 2008

Not affiliated, BTW.

easyengine.io on your own VPS - digitalocean or linode.

There are many VPS services available and they don't really defer and it's hard to go wrong with the choices already mentioned.

But @Darth gave a good suggestion with using a control panel on top of a VPS, though I stand with serverpilot.io. There's a free option to start with too (non-trial) and capable enough.

If you don't want to deal with server admin, WPEngine fits pretty well here. The 100k mark is a tier cutoff, so that's a consideration. A new option I haven't tried yet but that looks promising is getflywheel dot com (can't post a link apparently). If you go that direction, let me know how it works out.

If you do want to deal with server admin, good options above. I've been using knownhost for years - good, fast support, solid hardware, no downtime to speak of.

Back