My experience with "As seen on TV!" offers...

mj22

War Mongering.
BuSo Pro
Degree
Ok, i dont know if anyone has ever promoted them with a review site or not here. i didnt have a good experience and for all that is good and holy, stay away from them lol, or thats the lesson i learned.lol.

I had a review site around 2010 ~ 2012, somewhere around that time, anyway. That site was a freaking beast, and i figured id try to come up with some products that i could promote for some easy quick money, shit i knew i could just blow out of the water using the leverage of the authority of that site by making a "review page" promoting that offer.

I got on some ad network, i cant remember which anymore, and seen the "As seen on TV!" offers and thought to myself, hmmm maybe those would do good since these companies are paying for tv ads that must drive traffic to the GORG. so i checked a few out and sure as shit they had decent traffic going to them. So i pursue looking into these things and narrowed my focus down to two offers i thought might do ok.

My two targets where the Slap Chop Slap chopper thing, and the Iron Gym pull up bar (that thing you hang in a door way and can do pull ups and upside down sit-ups by hanging off of). So im thinking, Sweet nelly!, knocked out the "sales/review" pages, and went to redvirus/amit for some social bookmarks, send off the order for each page, i was just looking to get the pages indexed and a little bit of juice started to them. Next thing i know cpl days later, i see commissions coming in from sales and both pages are ranking page one for multiple terms , im thinking sweet. Around 2 -3 weeks later, im getting calls(yep, i was dumb and had a phone number on the site) and emails about people bitching about how the slap chopper thing is a piece of shit and people are falling off the pull up bar thing (or rather IT was falling from the door way while they were using it), i think one dude said he fell on his head trying to do inverted sit-ups LOLOLOL ( i do feel bad about it, i had no idea this was gonna happen). Needless to say i removed those offers before the site's reputation went to shit. I learned to be careful to not promote junk, is the moral i took from the story. :D:D:D

-True Story, its only funny now in hindsight, i literally thought i was gonna get sued over this.

Anyway, haha, anyone else had crazy experiences promoting different things?

redvirus/amit for some social bookmarks

That used to be an insane value. $33 bucks and you were basically guaranteed to rank on the first page. I ate that up while the getting was good.

Next thing i know cpl days later, i see commissions coming in from sales and both pages are ranking page one for multiple terms

Exactly. That was a frigging gold rush. The only things that ever competed was Spam Gone Wild by @Grind and then ALN the crappy public blog network. I ranked for some absurd terms with ALN.

Needless to say i removed those offers before the site's reputation went to shit.

Yeah, I like to walk through that "As Seen on TV!" aisle at the checkouts in Walmart just to see what they're hocking now. That stuff sells like gangbusters. It's easy to forget that half of the population has an IQ below 100. They're suckers for that type of hype and excitement marketing, while many of us scoff at it because we think it's too blatant and obvious to work.

Back