My country's ultimate travel guide

Degree
Hello Builder Society,

First of all, thank you for the Digital Strategy Crash Course, I've only read the quarter but I think I finally found the course I've been looking for.

I'm Moroccan (Morocco) and want to create the ultimate travel guide to my country.

I enjoy writing articles and talking to international people (I was in my French university's exchange student program association). I just graduated and took a year off, so I can focus on it completely.

This is my "USP" :

Hello traveler,
You’re intrigued by Morocco.
You’ve seen photos or heard/read about someone’s trip to Morocco, and you’re now looking for information online to make a decision.
Maybe you’re worried about safety there, maybe you’re not sure what to visit after Marrakech…
My name is Marwane D, a born and raised Moroccan who studied and lived abroad and made countless international friendships (more on the “About” page). With Morocco becoming a very popular travel destination, these friends came to me for advice. I’ve helped them plan their trips and I will do the same with you.
  • Every single tip I gave my own friends is published here.
  • I read travel forums and reviews daily from the English, French, and Arab websites and compile them here.
  • I send messages to travelers regularly to know what they enjoyed and disliked.
  • By speaking both Moroccan and English fluently, I personally call and stay in touch with local travel professionals(tours, hotels etc..) to get the latest news and prices.
To sum up, I summarise all the valuable information here so you don’t have to.

All of the above is 100% true btw, I planned trips for my friends and their friends I don't know, and I enjoy doing it.

I know I can do better than the local existing guides, but my competition is big websites like TripAdvisor and LonelyPlanet.

I could get revenue from affiliate links (hotels, tours, Amazon). I also thought about reviewing local tours and activities and getting commissions from them.

What do you guys think?

Lead generation is the word for that.

Yes, definitely try to get a direct commission.
How to track that is another topic.

All of the above is 100% true btw, I planned trips for my friends and their friends I don't know, and I enjoy doing it.

I know I can do better than the local existing guides, but my competition is big websites like TripAdvisor and LonelyPlanet.

I could get revenue from affiliate links (hotels, tours, Amazon). I also thought about reviewing local tours and activities and getting commissions from them.

If you positioned yourself as selling the tour packages (with you just piecing them together) in the long run, your profit margins would be way higher. It will also differentiate your site from tripadvisor and lonelyplanet

Back