Minecraft - Anyone Play?

Degree
I've been looking for something to get into lately. I'm into RPG's mainly, but big ones like WoW are too involved and time-intensive, while something like Diablo 3 just gets repetitive and the sense of chasing after false rewards is just too obvious.

I've never played Minecraft but after hearing about the crazy sale and that dude outbidding Beyonce and Jay Z for a house, I started looking at it. I found it has an survival mode that plays out like an RPG sort of. It's a private world I could log into or with a friend, tinker around for 5 mins or 2 hours even, and then close it. The world stops while I'm not in there. Sounds perfect.

Anyone played?

Played for a few months last winter on survival mode. Its a huge time suck though, its fun but not something I would recommend if you're serious about making bank with IM.

EDIT: tbh though I would say the same of any video game....

Yeah, I agree with the idea that gaming is a waste of time, but I've also discovered that if I take structured time away from school and work, I'm more efficient when i'm ON.

I'd rather work at 100% capacity for 40 hours = 40 work units
than work at 60% capacity for 55 hours = 33 work units.

If Minecraft helps me work harder, smarter, and faster in less time, then I'll give it a whirl!

(and that, my friends, is how you rationalize playing video games)

:tongue:

Back