Mikeb23 Introduction Thread

Degree
Good morning fellows, figured I'd throw up an introduction thread.

To sum things up - I'm the #1 offender of "shiny object syndrome."

Over the past few years, I've dabbled in a handful of freelancing gigs: copywriting, content writing, and Facebook advertising. Although this gave me a foundation to build on, I despised client work. I can't stand the inconsistency and working for other people is a pain in the butt.

So, what am I doing now? Authority site.

About six/seven months ago I stumbled on Authority Hacker and started devouring their content. What really turned me on was the concept of ownership. In freelancing, you might make some cash. But, it's infrequent, and you're not building equity. If you stop working (or can't outsource anymore), you're SOL.

That's why I switched to an authority site. I'm building cashflow and equity, which can be much more valuable than any freelancing. And best of all, it's all within my control.

inb4 "oh, just another Authority Hacker shill!" No lol. I'll post more about my experience in the course later. Spoiler alert - it's not all roses and peonies.

Right now I'm focusing all of my energy into my affiliate site. I've spent the past few months launching the site and creating content. Now, I'm building links. That's what led me to BuSo, and I'm excited to start learning and contributing.

Thanks for reading!

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
@mikeb23, welcome. Yeah, if you're going to build an SEO project, an authority site is the way to go. All of the progress snowballs and the domain becomes stronger and stronger with time, links, and content.

It's definitely nice to say "I think I'll actually take this weekend off" and still wake up every morning, check the analytics and earnings, and have earned the same amount of profit on your days off as you would have working. Passive income is nice but also can be a deadly trap and trick of the mind.

It's still extremely active, maybe more so to get it rolling in terms of SEO. You can go a year before seeing any real income, working harder than anyone you know, and the project can still be a flop because you messed up your niche choice or keyword research, etc.

I love it though. It's how I earn the large majority of my income. Had a 2 year hiccup recently that I just broke through and now I'm back to feeling great about things, and in that period of time I fired up a 2nd authority site. Things are going to pop off hard if I can keep up the momentum.

The other nice thing about a contained project like we're talking about is you can eventually liquidate it. You can do that with freelance work and sell the client list and VA's and all of that, but not really when you're just grinding on Fiverr or Upwork.

Degree
inb4 "oh, just another Authority Hacker shill!" No lol. I'll post more about my experience in the course later. Spoiler alert - it's not all roses and peonies.
Looking forward to your thoughts on this - I'm considering buying it - but after stumbling into this site, I'm not so sure - very curious on a newbies perspective on their site - like you, I was following them pretty closely.

EyesExist

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
That's why I switched to an authority site. I'm building cashflow and equity, which can be much more valuable than any freelancing. And best of all, it's all within my control.

Right now I'm focusing all of my energy into my affiliate site. I've spent the past few months launching the site and creating content. Now, I'm building links. That's what led me to BuSo, and I'm excited to start learning and contributing.

Thanks for reading!

Absolutely the right decision and right thoughts.

Owning a digital domain with content = owning a digital estate

Owning a physical domain with a home = owning real estate

Same things.. Just the 'made up world' makes A LOT more money

Degree
Welcome!

How's the new site coming along?
It's going well so far, thanks for asking. Too early to see results though.

Niche research was tough. Thankfully, as a n00b, the Authority Hacker course did a great job of taking me by the hand and showing me what to do.

Content was difficult to get started. But, once I got the right writers worked out, it was a breeze.

Back-linking has been...decent, but much slower than expected. Also more inconsistent. I've been bouncing between different techniques. I haven't streamlined the process as much as I'd like. This is the area I need to work the most on and I know it.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this - I'm considering buying it - but after stumbling into this site, I'm not so sure - very curious on a newbies perspective on their site - like you, I was following them pretty closely.
I have no regret buying the course. At the time, I had no idea what was going on, and the course put me on the right track. Niche selection, set-up, keyword research, everything...they show you exactly what to do. It takes a lot of guesswork out of it, and the course is set up in digestible bites so you can work through it easily.

Also, I got it for the launch price of $600. If you do some serious Google-ing you might be able to find one of their affiliates offering the same discount. $600 makes it much more reasonable than $1k.

Is it worth the money? Ehh, kinda depends on your situation and how much knowledge you've picked up here.

Happy to answer any questions.