Migrating to a new domain to skip SEO penalty?

Degree
One of my site has been attacked multiple times via negative SEO. Though,I have done disavow 3 times for around 1000+ domains,after recent Google updates,I think it makes more sense to start with a fresh domain.

I want to use my old content in a new domain. I don't want to 301 the old domain as I do not want to pass the SEO juice/penalty.

A) Should I just transfer the content and do a 302? Will 302 give the new domain original content credit without passing SEO penalty?
B) Should I just transfer the content and put "Site migrated" Notice with a link to new domain.

Or using old content in new domain will trigger Link Inversion?
https://dejanseo.com.au/link-inversion/

Google will look at a long term 302 as a mistake and assume you meant a 301. So really that won't do anything different. How old is your current domain? I would take domain age any day over starting a new domain. Who's to say this new domain won't get attacked again.

Hard to say without seeing the site but I wonder if you have more going on than negative SEO.

If you're basing this decision on the recent Google updates then I'd just wait and not make the change. Lots and lots of sites have been seeing dips, with and without link issues, mine included.

I can confirm through many experiences that the disavow file does take care of problems, all contingent on how detailed you were and how much link data you were able to get ahold of (which sources, etc.).

I agree that I'd rather have my age and established time and metrics in the index than starting fresh.

A 302 redirect is a "temporary" redirect. If you do this you'll want to use a 301 redirect. But the days of filtering penalties through 301's and short links is over. If I was to do this, I wouldn't use the "site migrated please click here" link on the homepage for two reasons. One, you're taking all of your good links and turning them into one far less good link another step away from where you want them to point, and Two, you're creating a thin content page on the old homepage. If the page the link is on is valueless, is your saving grace link valueless?

I recall in the past, probably a decade ago, one single time that I tried to move a site to a new domain after a penalty, even without 301's and I remember it getting zero traction. I didn't have it in Webmaster Tools and they didn't send out penalty notifications like they do now, so I wasn't able to blame it entirely on them knowing I moved the site, but I had guessed that was the problem at the time.

I'd stay the course. If you're still worried about links, try to find more sources of backlink data to use. Ahrefs, Majestic, SEMRush, Search Console... those should cover enough to remove any issues you have. But I'd also suggest that you're just feeling the same hurt a lot of us are, and it's not related to our sites so much as the core algorithm being updated. You win some you lose some.

If your site completely tanked, then that's another story and moving it to a new domain isn't going to help. In this case you have bigger issues to fix, and I'd still keep it on the same domain, fix the issues, and wait for the next update and see how it responds. It can take 6 months or a year to react to huge site changes, especially when usability metrics have to be gathered.

Actually I plan to use one of the auction domains. Competitors are making a killing with auction domains.
I just want to avoid building new content as this old site is highly converting.

Back