Meet and Greet with Lion

Lion

Past Leader of a False Pride
Degree
Hello everyone, I have chosen to go by the name Lion here as it reflects how I feel these days.

I've been involved in SEO since the mid 90's. I've had many chances to be leader of the pack but I'm always late to the party. I tend to stay in the middle or at the tail end of the adopter's curve, which has ruined many a chance for me to absolutely slay the SERPs. It's my own fault and I'm adapting to this self-knowledge know.

I feel like the grey haired Lion who's becoming too old to hunt, but still gets out there and gets the job done, because there are hungry mouths at home. I've got many battle scars, tired muscles, but I'm still ready to have a bloody mandible too.

Despite me having seen the trend coming, I still didn't start any authority site or large magazine site. I feel even worse for not having started one in '95. I feel bad enough that most of my old sites that would have amazing potential right now were burned throughout the years.

In many fashions, I'm still at ground zero for continuing to try to manipulate instead of build WITH the search engines. But that's all going to change now.

Here I am, and I'm ready to hunt.

Degree
Another guy who's been doing this almost as long as I've been alive! I'm glad to be surrounded by veterans. Welcome to the forum!

Degree
Howdy Lion, I'm another old timer but I'm brand new to the online marketing game. Lookin' forward to learning the ropes and taking in everything I can.

Degree
Wow, there are a lot of veterans here. I hope you guys will share some serious knowledge with us new-comers.