Media.Net to Auto-Enable Video Ads for Eligible Users

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
OX1Zi9U.png
Heads up to Media.net users:

Video Ads will go live on your site if unless you opt out.
The email advertisement claims they're expecting a 20%-60% lift in revenue by allowing these ads.

Media.net is awesome with their on-going optimization, but this usually means leaving most options enabled by default, like they do with anchor ads on mobile.

That will be the case with these video ads if you don't opt out, and the methods to do that are listed in the image above. We have 2 weeks (August 4th, 2017) to make the decision.

Although the audio won't play unless hovered, (I'd hope not) I still don't want those kind of ads on my website that uses Media.net. So this is a heads up to those like me and those the opposite. Media.net is becoming an increasingly better option for CPM & CPC based revenue, but make sure you're choosing the features you want.

Woah did not realise it was opt-out! I have asked a few questions already (if placement and pages can be controlled in any way despite the ads using existing tags).

Woah did not realise it was opt-out! I have asked a few questions already (if placement and pages can be controlled in any way despite the ads using existing tags).

There are now 3 features they have that are account-based only, not ad-unit based:
  • SSL compliance
  • Async javascript
  • Video ads
When they asked my why I opted out, I suggested that video ads should be controlled on the ad-unit level, and my contact said they agree.

I didn't get any hint of a time table for that to happen in though. I'm not getting my hopes up, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm sure it's site-based for most people. I didn't want it on this one site, but would allow it on another.

They need to at least get it site-based and not account-based, if not ad-unit-based.

I have both async tags and their normal tags running in the same account.

Back