Mauritanian Iron Ore Train

Degree

Has anyone even done or thought about doing this?

I have already bought my plane tickets. In June I will land in Mauritania, then go to an iron mine, hop on top of an open open train car full of iron ore, and cross the Sahara desert for around 20 hours before making it back to the coast. I really think it's going to be a unique experience and can't wait to do it.

Would love to start a discussion about this, supposing you have done it before, or any other adventures of this kind. Always looking to add to my bucket list.

Bring a lunch box and some prepper gear haha, good luck, let us know how it goes lol.

Record that shit and post back op.
U will get more internet bad ass points than you will be able to cash in, in one life time.

Badass. I always wanted to hitchhike a train(s) across the US. Never did it but am enamored with the idea. It would be an incredible adventure.

I wish you the best on your journey. And definitely want to hear all about it when you get back. Godspeed, good sir!

Breathtaking experience. Will make sure to update the thread and let you guys know how it went. Thought I'd confirm I came back alive lol

Will you grab a hand size piece of ore and a ziplock bag of sand? I'll pay for shipping.

Will you grab a hand size piece of ore and a ziplock bag of sand? I'll pay for shipping.

Honestly, I would have had no issue with that but I am back home. I got on the train on the 25th and finished it on the 26th. My friends and I were fortunate enough to not have the rocky kind of ore but it was more like sand. That made the trip way easier to bear and we could even sleep on the train.

Do Not Fall Off.

There's a lot of living things in that desert

Back