Massplanner is Dead. Now What?

Degree
Just got this email:

Hi guys,

We know how much you love MassPlanner and we appreciate your support all this time. Unfortunately, we have some sad news for you today. Due to a request from Instagram, we were forced to shut down our services. Your product will still work until your license expires, after which the Facebook and Instagram platforms will be removed.

We will still offer our full support through these troubled times, we are here if you have any questions.

Thank you for understanding,
The MassPlanner team

Adapt and overcome. Any replacements you all using already? Anyone know if the service will still work on other social media platforms?

Wow, just when I purchased it yesterday night and had it set up too..

I guess I'm going back to FollowLiker. I really did like how MassPlanner let you get the list of people who engaged with a page WITHOUT following them unlike with FollowLiker.

Looks like Instagram is on a killing spree.

Wow, just when I purchased it yesterday night and had it set up too..
Thats what pisses me off. It took hours to get that sob loaded up with settings and content. I used Followadder for IG. Wonder if thats on the chopping block. I know nothing lasts forever in this space, but Im always sad and pissed to see a good piece of SAAS go. The tyranny of Zucks.

Sure Kevin.

Anyway, just got this email back in response to asking about whether they will continue to support other platforms:

"At this point, we cannot discuss more details as we are still assessing the situation. We no longer accept new clients, thus we shut down our website.
However, we will still continue to offer our full support to our current customers.
You can still use Mass Planner without issues, nothing to worry about.
Your discretion is appreciated."

Fuck. Was one of the reasons I'm still on Windows 10. Guess I may as well change now

Reactions: Nat
When you create and sell a tool for automating actions on another website with incredibly high abuse potential, are there legal risks for the developer? Do you think FB threatened them with repercussions or bought them out?

Edit, saw this from the Admin
Got the cease and desist letter from them and there was nothing else we could do.

Fuck. Was one of the reasons I'm still on Windows 10. Guess I may as well change now
Yea, I bought a whole cloud server pkg to run it (since Im on a MAC). Not sunk cost cuz I can run Followadder over there, but still.

Instagress then MassPlanner, which Instagram automation tool will be next?

When you create and sell a tool for automating actions on another website with incredibly high abuse potential, are there legal risks for the developer? Do you think FB threatened them with repercussions or bought them out?

There is some legal risk yes. Back in the day I had built an advertising tool for Facebook call FBSpy which allowed you to basically collect lots of ads off Facebook over lots of accounts. I did receive a C&D from Facebook over it. The tool did not make enough money that it would have really been feasible to continue selling it. My best advice to anyone that wants to do this is to develop it in house and keep it in house, or charge buku dollars for it.

Good ol Perkins and Coie . The issue with them is, they will sue you if you don't cease and desist. It amazes me that none of these guys take proper action before selling these tools. Look at CLAD Genius. Those guys have been giving P&C the middle finger for years now and still banking.

As a general rule, you won't see the real shark motherfuckers crying about tools going away. Invest in your own IP, automation, processes and stop building sand castles on crowded beaches. By the time something hits BHW or whatever, it's pretty much the tail end.

If you're doing the same thing as your competitors, or 80,000,000 other 'marketers' by default you're doing 'average' work. The real returns, the real freedom and the real ROI comes from the chasm between good/average and great work. Great work is about asking yourself the questions that your competitors are ignoring or answering with 'thats just the way its always been done'.

Dust yourself off. Go learn Python. Start with beautifulsoup and scrape some shit. Action on it. Then move up to Selenium and start rocking the fuck out of your competitors. And having more fun doing it.

Back