Managing over 40+ Gmail profiles with Chrome (in Chrome Profiles); Is this bad?

MuffinS

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hi All,

I'm an agency, so I have to log in and out of a lot of gmails to access search console, analytics & gmb properties. For convenience, I just loaded up all my new client gmails into Chrome as "Chrome Profiles".
In the past, I wouldn't have done this, and wouldn't have used Chrome as I was scared that Google would be able to tell that all these GMAIL account's were interlinked (and risk multi-account suspension).
But another SEO said that was BS and it's fine to use Chrome as your primary SEO browser (about 4-years ago).

However, I had another SEO see my screen recently, and when he saw my Chrome Window, he got super worried.
He said that it's now a massive footprint and because all my client accounts are attached to my central Chrome Brower and main SEO Gmail Proifle, that they would be all flagged.

To get around this, I'm planning to ditch Chrome and switch to Firefox.
And then using the Firefox Profile manager and creating a discrete profile using the about:tongue:rofiles
However, I'm wondering if there is a better way to do this? And wondering if should go as far as buying a VPN per profile?

I do remember that there used to be a dedicated browser back in the day to manage your "Personas" as a SEO, but I believe that the project is dead.
Is there a good SEO Persona Manager Broswer nowadays? Kinda like Blisk is to Front End Web Design?

And I'm wondering what other heavy SEO's and Agency owners are using (browser and config) to login and out of all their client's Google properties without creating a footprint?
For example, are you using Firefox that automatically deletes session files upon exit?

Thanks

Last edited:
I call bullshit on this.

I'm in the same boat, and have been for well over a decade.

Different logins for clients, work, side projects, spam spun properties, etc.

I don't even use the profiles option in Chrome.

Never once had an issue.. NEVER ONCE.

Whoever told you it was a massive footprint now, has no clue what they are talking about.

Whoever said it was before, also has no clue.

I'm routinely in different gmails, Analytics, Search Consoles, Adsense accounts, and more from the same machines and IP.

Do I think if you were doing something illegal they could track and trace, SURE.

Do I think they do it for your spam spun website and low level websites? Nope.

I call bullshit on this.

I'm in the same boat, and have been for well over a decade.

Different logins for clients, work, side projects, spam spun properties, etc.

I don't even use the profiles option in Chrome.

Never once had an issue.. NEVER ONCE.

Whoever told you it was a massive footprint now, has no clue what they are talking about.

Whoever said it was before, also has no clue.

I'm routinely in different gmails, Analytics, Search Consoles, Adsense accounts, and more from the same machines and IP.

Do I think if you were doing something illegal they could track and trace, SURE.

Do I think they do it for your spam spun website and low level websites? Nope.
I wish you were right about this more than anything in the world.

These creeps can’t resist putting their thumb on the scale in the background.

Just because it’s not immediately obvious and ham fisted doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Get more schizo.

The key here is that he's logging in and out of GMB PROPERTIES. Which are particularly susceptible to getting taken down if a bunch of them are associated with each other (through a gmail or IP address etc) and if there are a number of GMBs that are discovered to do things that have angered the almighty google. I've personally had this happen a number of times. But if all the GMBS are clean (physical businesses located on real physical addresses, etc) then you're probably ok. Doesnt hurt to use proxies/FF profiles or multiloginapp though.

I've used Firefox with multi account container and container proxy extensions. I'd probably go with MultiploginApp with a decent number of client GMBs. Even if they're real and would be easy to get recovered after a suspension, it would still be a pain in the ass and cause down time.

Back