Managing High Volume Traffic

Degree
Hi,

I do traffic leaks a lot from reddit and every once in a while the site gets a lot of visitors. Is there a risk of my small Wordpress site breaking down if there's high traffic at the same time? I'm starting to get like 50k sessions a day from traffic leaks. Is something like 1000 people on the site at the same time high traffic? Sorry I'm a total noob on this topic. I'm on [removed] currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I do traffic leaks a lot from reddit and every once in a while the site gets a lot of visitors. Is there a risk of my small Wordpress site breaking down if there's high traffic at the same time? I'm starting to get like 50k sessions a day from traffic leaks. Is something like 1000 people on the site at the same time high traffic? Sorry I'm a total noob on this topic.
Yes, you will have to upgrade if it's a constant thing.

Hi,

I do traffic leaks a lot from reddit and every once in a while the site gets a lot of visitors. Is there a risk of my small Wordpress site breaking down if there's high traffic at the same time? I'm starting to get like 50k sessions a day from traffic leaks. Is something like 1000 people on the site at the same time high traffic? Sorry I'm a total noob on this topic.
Driving 50k sessions a day from Reddit through traffic leaks is pretty impressive.

Can I ask what niche you're in? Also, is your approach to share your site as an "unrelated third party" or are you claiming ownership of the site when sharing?

As for the hosting, I've never used WIX but most hosting solutions have scalable hosting to avoid major disruptions like the one you described. You should check the specs of WIX and contact their support and ask them to explain how scalable the current hosting setup is for your site.

For years I was changing hosts every year. Then I moved to DigitalOcean which lets me scale up or down as needed within minutes - no need to go through a support person and explain why. I use RunCloud to manage the server through a user-friendly interface. It works great. Hope that helps.

Back