Making the most of your Contact page

Degree
In the past I have just put very sparse information on the contact pages of websites but I'm thinking it's a missed opportunity. It usually consists of:

a. 1 or 2 sentences saying you can contact us here
b. address, phone etc
c. contact form
d. map if applicable

That doesn't make for much content. I guess you don't really want to rank a contact page but I'm thinking if we utilise the page better it can help with the overall site's content and index-ability?

What I'm thinking is adding these kind of things below all the above:
1. all the relevant social icons and telling people to follow us
2. dropping in a couple of paragraphs saying how good our products and customer service is
3. newsletter signup link
4. widget displaying latest posts
5. a couple of 'hero' images to make it stand out
6. brief bio and profile photo if small business so they know who they are contacting if they haven't read the about page
7. instant chat if applicable

What do you think? Is it worth it? What else could be added? Obviously some items will only be suitable for some sites, depends on your business.

What do you think?

I would lean towards less.

Give the user what they need. Nothing more, nothing less.

Give them the ways they can contact you (email, social, phone, address) and let them choose.

Why over complicate it?

In my case, I have a contact page for my main site but don't expect it to be used much. But it's a convention and expectation not only for people but for Google. So I have one.

Like @c4yrslf12 is saying, mine is dead simple. "Here's the few ways you can contact me, mainly this form..." My original thought was the same as his. Convert and deliver the solution to the need.

But I get what you're saying too, @Tucky especially in my own case. I know people click around just to see what's going on. I'll click on a contact page just for the sake of doing it out of curiosity. In a content magazine style of site, doing what you're talking about makes a lot of sense. Driving them to your social pages, a couple of testimonials, driving them to your best performing posts, etc. Whatever can suck some more pageviews out of them.

Before I spent too much time with it though, I'd look at my analytics and see how many people actually land there in the first place and how long they stay there. You can directly compare this to the number of emails you're getting from the form too.

Isn't all the stuff you guys are talking about for the About page?

@c4yrslf12 I see your point and for some sites that would suffice.
@Darth yes you're right but I'm thinking of it as a way to milk every page as much as you can. I wouldn't go into as much detail as on the About page.
@Ryuzaki that's a good idea to check analytics.

I'm thinking that as long as you have the basic contact info at the top of the page, anything else is just added content and interlinking options that might have a tiny boost for your site and help make customers feel like you really put a lot of effort into your business.

I think this is a killer idea if done right- I'm going to edit mine shortly, in fact.
I think a quick "mission statement" style paragraph with a couple hero photos would be perfecto. I already use social links & email form on every page, so that's handled.

Nice post, Tuckster.

This must be a different Galacon from the one we all know and love in that other place lol.

Mission statement is a good idea. I think it's important not to copy and paste this kind of stuff from other pages on our sites though. Make it unique and nicely written.

The Contact page of niel patel "before" was a great example. Instantly after reading it you get his trust. That effect on the readers is surely not to be left for granted and should be copied and improved all the way.

This is specifically good if you are building a brand and a main persona in the brand. But not with niches where you only promote the brand and not the person. Case to case basis I would say, just my 5 cents :smile:

Back