Low Domain Authorithy Page

Degree
I'm fairly good with setting up site, getting really super high quality articles etc.

My main problem currently is that. Domain rank is super low and I got stuck with around 500-600 visitors per day for already 3-4 months.

PA is : 31 and DA is only 7 (age of domain approx. 1+ year)

Competitor with 2+ years old site have DA, PA of 34 - 41 something like that.

1. Do you think backlinks would help ranking better?
2. What would be easiest and fastest way to get them?

Or I should just do nothing and wait for DA to increase.

Any kind of advice is more than welcome.

Hey how many articles do you have? 500-600 visitors, in that short amount of time how do you do this??

1. Do you think backlinks would help ranking better?
Of course. You know the answer to the question already. Nothing to it but to do it.

2. What would be easiest and fastest way to get them?
All of the main ways to get links are lined out in the Off-Page day of the Crash Course. In case you didn't see it, there's 30 entire days of free material there to teach you the game. There's easy "bulid them yourself" links in there. There's easy "buy links" that come with a cost. And there's "build great content and promote it" means to get links, aka marketing. You're going to need all three in your journey.

Hey how many articles do you have? 500-600 visitors, in that short amount of time how do you do this??
Not to disparage @Biggy at all, but it's not that impressive for a year old site to reach 500 visitors a day. It's not unimpressive, but it's not remotely undoable. You can achieve it. You already know the answer, too, which is why you're asking the question of "how many articles do you have". Do good keyword research and publish content.

Or I should just do nothing and wait for DA to increase.
I know you're not being serious here. But I'd like to point out, because it's a misconception that seems widely spread that metrics by Moz are used by Google, and that by increasing a Moz metric you'll perform better in the SERPs. Google does not use Moz metrics. But there's likely a strong correlation between increasing DA and increasing your rankings.

But waiting around isn't going to increase it. That only happens by getting links.

Of course. You know the answer to the question already. Nothing to it but to do it.

All of the main ways to get links are lined out in the Off-Page day of the Crash Course. In case you didn't see it, there's 30 entire days of free material there to teach you the game. There's easy "bulid them yourself" links in there. There's easy "buy links" that come with a cost. And there's "build great content and promote it" means to get links, aka marketing. You're going to need all three in your journey.

Not to disparage @Biggy at all, but it's not that impressive for a year old site to reach 500 visitors a day. It's not unimpressive, but it's not remotely undoable. You can achieve it. You already know the answer, too, which is why you're asking the question of "how many articles do you have". Do good keyword research and publish content.
I read it wrong, I thought the website was 3-4 months old.

Thanks for reply, Both. Actually I thought site is old more than a year oops, but its 6+ month.

I've stopped working on it for like a month or so, that was a mistake.

No, I'm serious about DA and correlation. A lot of competitors outrank me with uber shitty articles, but their overall DA is stronger.

I'll be back when I reach 1.5k visitors. Goal is in 6 months. Main goal in : 4 months.

Good luck everyone!

@Biggy - I work for a company that buys/sells expired domains for link building, redirects and more on a very large scale so I can tell you the following:

-Don`t focus on DA/DR (as Ryuzaki said) - these are 3rd party tools metrics, Google don`t care about your DR, it cares about the quality of the links that you have (quality before quantity here).

Based on my experience in selling domains I see that people prefer to buy domains with 6 DR, 50 links and links from Wiki/Gov sites/High authority Media sites rather than domains with 20 DR and 500 links from shady blogs, forums and directories, which will pass very low SEO juice.

DR can be manipulated easily with links from above mentioned forums, directories etc (these sites have high DR), but that doesn`t mean you will get any value.

It's worth considering where your topical authority stands relevant to your competitors.
If the topic is apples, do they have 20 articles on apples and you only have 4? If so, that may be the reason you are being outranked.
By the same logic, if you have 200 articles on apples, and they only have 20, you stand a chance at outranking them regardless of the backlinks in play.
Diggity recently held an interview with Koray Tugberk regarding topical authority. His case studies show that serious dedication to topical authority can challenge even mainstream top tier competition like healthline.

Back