Logo Design from 99 Designs or other?

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
I need a new logo designed for my project. The original quick logo I created is holding my brand back. I am not scared to spend so long as I invest in quality.

Been looking at 99 designs, any feedback? Which price level I should aim at?
https://99designs.com/pricing

Any other services to check out?

My one experience on 99designs was meh. We paid for the upgrades to attract better designers, but still at least half of the submissions felt like we were in a Tim and Eric sketch, like you just wanted to ask the designer "Really..."? The worst submissions were hilariously bad, the best ones were pretty decent after a lot of back and forth and revisions. Overall, the effort + time it took just wasn't really worth it. The appeal of having all these people bidding for your job kind of backfired because it's overwhelming, moving forward I like to just find a designer with a strong portfolio and work one on one with them.

I can recommend https://studio.envato.com/explore/logo-design-branding as another option to check out.

My experience with 99 designs was equally MEH.

If you do use them, I would suggest not giving a "thumbs up" to any design early on, because if you do, other designers come in from there and start making subtle changes to that one design, thinking that's the design you want...instead of giving you a fresh approach.

The quality on there ranges from okay to good but I never saw anyone submit anything that great. Then again, your reward determines what kind of quality you get on there.

I like using graphicriver.net for icons and then creating my own logo

I get most of mine done from /r/forhire on reddit. Typically you can find someone that is looking to boost a portfolio for way less than 99 designs.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've got a designer I know personally who I'll take a look at and going to stumble around Reddit a bit and see if I can find a golden nugget somewhere. Much appreciated.

Back