Local SEO Dupe Content Question

Degree
I'm servicing some clients for local SEO. Getting original content is a bloody nightmare. Especially since I'm serving mostly dentists at the moment. There's only so much original content you can write about braces and teeth whitening and root canal treatments and it's driving me up the wall.

I'm tempted to just get content from another geo and copy/paste or translate the thing and put it up on the client sites. But I'm not too sure about dupe content penalty from a Local SEO perspective. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the subject. Anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it.

If I understand you correctly you have several clients which are dentist and you need the same content for multiple clients?

Consider yourself lucky, you only have to research the content once and should help you be an expert on the subject matter. Additionally, I would think it reduces your content costs.

I'm in the same situation, but with attorneys. There is only so many ways to talk about a car accident attorney.

We created a base piece of content a while ago. The writer will add in geo relevant information, typically local or state statistics. They also use answerthepublic.com to answer some lower random questions. Put it all together and blend it up and bam new fresh content.

Yes, that is exactly my situation.

So it's basically manual spinning articles? And just adding on new tidbits of info to make it unique? Also, I heard attorney clients are a pain in the behind. I was about to close one then read some horror stories and decided against it

You can talk about different types of foods that rot your teeth and talk about their acidity levels - follow that rabbit hole. You just have to really think outside the box.

Also, I heard attorney clients are a pain in the behind. I was about to close one then read some horror stories and decided against it

There was a point in time when I did link development for clients. The lawyers were, without a doubt, the easiest to work with. They had the money and didn't need to be anxious about minuscule results coming in fast, didn't need to be up my ass about whether or not the work was getting done, etc. The only annoyance was they love to be on the phone talking.

So it's basically manual spinning articles?
I wouldn't call it manual spinning, but I also wouldn't call it fresh content/ideas either. Its all rewritten.

Also, I heard attorney clients are a pain in the behind. I was about to close one then read some horror stories and decided against it
Attorney's really are no different than other businesses. They want results and if you give them results they are happy. Typically they have bigger budgets, if you ask for it. Personally, the agency I work for does not charge enough.

The one thing I have noticed is some of them have larger than life egos, which makes for some strange request, but overall you bring them business they leave you alone.

For content ideas for dentists check this out:
HTML:
site:westonaprice.org "tooth decay"
plus any KWs related you might need. Not every dentist will like this type of content (many will not probably) but it's worth a try, especially these days when more and more people is aware of importance of nutrition in healing dental problems. toxicity of some treatments etc. Holistic dentistry in general.

Back