Listing one of my sites on Flippa- help?

How much do you think this site is worth?

• $1,000+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1,500+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2000+

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • tree fiddy

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

jakesnke

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hi All,

This will be my first sale of a site, anyone care to critique my listing / advise me on what is a suitable flip for this asset?

Listing: https://flippa.com/4933153-site-with-8-516-uniques-mo-making-81-mo

Quick look:
Averages 8.5k uniques a month - seasonal niche.
Only monetized w/adsense: Average $82 over nearly 2 years.
No list or any other form of monetization attempted.
All unique content (I paid top dollar for this in 2013).

I am looking to flip to gain some capital for a site I am working on. I like having a reliable site earning but I would rather go for liquidity at the moment.

What do you think... Any help is much appreciated.

At the current market trends, I'd expect to get anywhere from 30 months profit plus or minus 2 or 3 months profit. About $2,500, I'd say.

Awesome, thanks @Ryuzaki . That's great to hear as I set the reserve significantly lower on the auction.

Just for some context, I don't have to sell this site right now although it would make things go smoother for me over the next few months.

I am at a burn rate of $1,250 - $1,500 / mo for the site I am building currently and would like to use this as a buffer as my business account is getting pretty low.

I can support that burn rate with my 9-5 salary, but I would rather save that money and keep the business side of my life self sufficient for as long as possible.

Open to any suggestions, thanks.

Traffic leak it and share the numbers in the the auction.
"traffic has been picking up... "

Use smaller reddits, so you'll add only about one hundred per day.

::emp::

From my very limited experience, 25 days or whatever you have the auction set for is way too long. It's a pretty straightforward purchase, so you can set it to 10 or less. And I would get a second opinion on this, but it worked for me.

From my very limited experience, 25 days or whatever you have the auction set for is way too long. It's a pretty straightforward purchase, so you can set it to 10 or less. And I would get a second opinion on this, but it worked for me.

I agree with this. I've always done a week on auction style sites. You can better plan when it will end, and keep the excitement building without people losing that ancy pants fire that'll get them to hit "buy now" or bid high at the end.

Quick update - 3 bids so far, 2 direct messages.
1st message offered $1250
2nd message wants my Buy It Now price.

Any ideas for a good Buy It Now price?

I would be happy with 2k, any cons to listing $2,000 as my buy it now price?

I stayed away from a BIN and I am very happy I did. Again reiterating my limited experience, in my case aggressive amounts of BIN offers seemed always that someone wanted to get the property on the cheap before it got bidded up. The bidding really was what gave my site such a great end price. If your length is shorter then a BIN doesn't make sense IMO

I've had success with BINs where I was fetching a higher price than I should have for a non-earning site. If the price isn't too high, then it can be appealing and result in a higher payment.

But also, Flippa now let's you contact other bidders AFTER the auction is over if nobody wins it (it doesn't go over your reserve). That's always a safety net for you.

You might do best to let this one ride out, and as it gets to the end, see what the bids are like, and then you can set up a BIN for even more than you hope to win on auctions. If nobody goes for it, you still can take the highest bidder, but it gives anyone a chance to ninja-strike and take it immediately (for a higher price, of course).

Why isn't this theme filled out? Like why are there no images in the footer for these articles? And why is that Ads in the background like that?

Screen_Shot_2015_06_16_at_5_00_27_PM.png

Even in the sidebars - why aren't there images with the articles if the theme has it built in? If you are selling a car, wouldn't you take it through a car wash first to get it cleaned up? Why doesn't this website look it's absolute best before you are selling it. There are a lot of elements missing that make this site look like just a wordpress blog to be honest. There isn't even a privacy policy or terms of service or contact form. I'd take @Tavin's route with this and make the look and feel into a serious brand. Hist post about it: http://www.wickedfire.com/enlightened-members/168063-flipping-website.html

But who knows this might sell to a person that thinks they can "fix it up" and generate more money cause they see all these holes that you could have filled for more money, so it might be working for you.

Thanks CCarter. This has been my red headed step child - no even worse, in full neglect for about a year at this point.

I had a few events occur today that I think is going to make me hold on to this site and cancel the auction.

1. Got an offer for a guest post @$60 - they provide the content. I am going to offer guest posts to relevant sites to build on this stream. They have sent the article and I will be posting it shortly.
2. I have a few items I can easily tweak to build on revenue. I am going to push a kindle ebook from the posts and pages, add some amazon aff links, and give the site the little bit of love that it needs.

I will likely still flip it in 3-4 months, but for more.

I will make do and tighten my belt in the meantime.

So... I ended up deciding to leave the site on auction. It is still live, and currently at $1301 - with reserve met.

I want to let it run to the end... I am hoping that the 48 watchers will be placing some bids in the last few hours and drive up the price.

I have a few offers @ $1500 PMd to me. My instinct is to let this run to the end of the auction though..

Will be interested to hear how it ends...

Well there were not too many participants on the poll - but so far everyone is exactly on point...

$2,501 current bid. 60 mins remaining.

Good luck :wink:

Back