Link spam with Coupon sites

Degree
I was researching a site with good ranking and I saw that he had hundreds of links from coupon sites.

Now I hate coupon links generally, and many small ecom sites have been ruined by coupon links, but I am not understanding what is the deal in this site.

Pretty low quality sites and more then 100 unique domain coupon sites linking to inner pages

What is surprising is all the links are to inner pages. (This site ranks for Page+keyword where page is like Jobs and keyword is different companies. Just an example it is not a job site.)
But all links are NoFollow.

All the coupon sites are on cloudfare but every site has the same design... Same template, but randomized keywords on home page...

Like one will have Nike coupons, Kohls coupons, where another would have udemy and so on.. Looks like randomised script

But all use the same template.

I am just curios it is some kind of a spam by the coupon site owner and the site I am researcghing is a victim or what kind of deal I am not sure, but then why all domains links to different pages

avcou+pon DOD com
coupon+ent DOD com
topcoup+ons DOD org

Look at this three domains. There are another hundred clones. Remove the + and dod is .

It sounds like a personal or service-based coupon site PBN. The only "weird" part is they're using nofollow links, which might actually be smart since it safeguards against link-based penalties. But what they are getting is relevance through targeted anchor text usage. And they boost their number of referring domains, which likely helps even though it's nofollow.

I just saw something similar yesterday with a network of social bookmarking sites. I see web 2.0 networks like this regularly. But they always go for dofollow.

I
It sounds like a personal or service-based coupon site PBN. The only "weird" part is they're using nofollow links, which might actually be smart since it safeguards against link-based penalties. But what they are getting is relevance through targeted anchor text usage. And they boost their number of referring domains, which likely helps even though it's nofollow.

I just saw something similar yesterday with a network of social bookmarking sites. I see web 2.0 networks like this regularly. But they always go for dofollow.
If PBN why so careless in even using same themes.. Even some of the favicons are repeated rofl

That is why I was thinking if this was an AHREF spam like those directory spams...

Even google site: shows like 5 indexed pages

I just can't figure out the spam...
Most of them have quarter million outbound links so not sure if the whole PB Network has any juice left for the money site.

Last edited:
My sites get hammered with these spam backlinks. The site you're inspecting isn't building them. They're getting hammered with them.

My sites get hammered with these spam backlinks. The site you're inspecting isn't building them. They're getting hammered with them.
That is what I figured.. No sane person who do it.

I could figure out the linkbuilders spam, but this is new,

ALl the sites have adsense, with monthly traffic of a few 1000s. maybe they are adsense farms with spin content.. Because their outboud links are in the hundreds of thousand. 500k on average and each getting a few coupon keyword traffic..

I saw this recently in Australia where a guy was ranking for AdWords coupons off the back of nofollow fiverr type coupon links. It was an agency site and ranked for nothing else. I presumed it was due to relevancy. I reached out to the guy, he was either unaware or wasn't going to tell me.

Back