Lightweight WP cart/paypal

Degree
Ok so for a while I have had a site that uses contact form7 with a paypal button plugin that integrates with it. So basically someone orders a service and fills in the form (incl. an image upload) and then it sends them straight to Paypal via a 'continue to payment' button.

I only have 2 services on the site hence no need for Woo or anything bloated like that. The trouble is that using paypal buttons does not allow for discount codes. So my question is, and I may well just be having a blonde moment here, what would be the best way to get clients to book a session using a form, paypal and allowing discount codes?

Maybe a lightweight cart plugin? I've done big e-commerce sites before but I'm getting stumped on this tiny site!

Thanks lion, looks good but does not allow for a form to be sent at the same time. As mentioned, the form needs to include an image upload from the customer. You could just put a form on the return url page but not sure if it gives you the option for multiple return urls based on which service they buy.

ahh yeah I missed that part of it, I'll see if I can find something

WooCommerce actually isn't that bulky for what you're trying to do. The only downside is keeping it updated since it can be vulnerable. Woocommerce adds a conditional .css and .js file (both you can remove if you wanted to), CF7 does this too. You're looking at a couple MS difference with those added scripts (something I've tested)

You would be getting a lot more features too that you didn't mention: controlling email more, reporting, more conditional options, etc..

Just thought I would throw that out there. Not much benefits to coding this up from scratch and getting another plugin would cause the same issues as WooCommerce (most likely).

Edit:
Also you might like this if you're only interested in CF7 http://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-dynamic-text-extension/

Thanks Julian

Can you explain what the conditional files do please? I might have a look at Woo then. Updates aren't an issue as I have Wordfence installed which emails when a plugin needs updating.

Yea, me mentioning the plugin updates was just a minor thing, still worth mentioning I thought. WC [WooCommerce] is not bulky at all in itself though like I said. WP actually owns WC now too, so it's here to stay and well maintained.

The WC conditional scripts/styles that I mentioned are for pages like cart, checkout, shop, product. These are only loaded when the page is opened with the user (lazy load) so page speed isn't affected as much.

You could do a quick test yourself too by adding WC to your site. The uninstall removes everything and nothing will be damaged so there's no harm in checking.

I would still push for just using WC personally for all the benefits (some I laid out in earlier post).

WooCommerce isn't even bloated...

It's a basic plugin.

Out of the box it's insanely simple.

WC + Paypal + Stripe = Done.

$50 in plugins, and you own it.

Or be lazy and pay a $19.99 sub for a service that basically does the same thing. (And "believe" it's not bloated, even though you're adding another 3rd party in the mix) Then waste time with 3rd party restrictions on customization, compatibility, etc.

For 1-500 products, WC is King.

For 500+ products, big brand eComm, Magento's pre-built backend makes it king. Where WC loses is the database control, though Magento is slow as shit to begin with. Plus you need DEEP pockets to customize/manage Magento. And good luck finding developers for it, lol.

My only dislike about WC is the checkout page, that loading/processing functionality is just not as instant as it should be.

Back