Lexus Hoverboard - We might finally have it...

For the magnetics to work, it'd have to hover over a sidewalk or road with big magnets embedded. It works as a concept, I'm sure, but pragmatically, where are you going to hover over magnets.

That video doesn't looks like the hoverboard is hovering over a magnet - it looks like concert. It looks like an outside skating park.

This MIGHT be using Quantum Levitation, since it does mention nitrous or something in the site:

Yeah, but notice, the track it's floating over is all magnets. And you have to keep the temperature of the floating object below a certain temperature that keeps real-world usage out of the picture for now without a constant refridgeration method. I don't want to be a debbie downer or nay sayer. I do believe 100% that we'll sort this out eventually for real world usage. But right now, I think it's just a Lexus marketing move (a nice one).

lexus.png

Where are you seeing the track? The "smoke" (gas) coming out of the Hoverboard (screenshot above), wouldn't that be the nitrogen being released?

"According to El Patin, the company's test site is appears to be a normal-looking skatepark located in a village called Cubelles just outside of Barcelona. But the skatepark is actually far from normal.

The entire unfinished park is lined with a metal track. The track even appears to be embeded in the quarter pipe shown in one of the photos on El Patin's website. Presumably, the Lexus hoverboard can't actually float over cement, but needs to glide along the embedded track.

So don't be fooled by Lexus' teaser video you saw this week. It's likely Lexus buried a magnetic track under the pavement in order to provide the illusion the board can hover over a normal surface.

Article: http://www.businessinsider.com/lexu...n-very-special-skatepark-2015-6#ixzz3eVNeXwWS

Spanish Article with pictures of skatepark being built: http://elpatin.com/el-lexus-hoverboard-vuela-sobre-cubelles-barcelona/

I'm pretty sure it uses the same or similar tech to this:

I guess we're still a ways off from our Back to The Future Hover Boards :(

"but did say in a statement to Business Insider that the hoverboard is not a consumer product and will not go on sale."

Well that's that...

Back