Let's do this

Degree
Hey guys, I've just signed up and I'm excited to get started but already I can see this is an amazing community.

I was a member of wickedfire and warrior forums long ago but left internet marketing when I got my site nuked by one of the black and white animal updated.

Anyway, with a growing family to feed I'm wanting to get back into IM to make some exxtra side money to help with a few bills.

I know the road is going to be long, success isn't going to be overnight but I'm stubborn as hell, focused, mature enough not to chase shiny object and more savvy that I was all those years ago.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

EyesExist

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Welcome back.
I honestly think there one big market now that are EASIER than ever.
If you've got some 'old school' in you, you'll be fine. Just keep the tactics clean and your project will thrive for a long time to come.

I do wonder though. As a newb, how did you find outa bout BuSo? A referral?

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
@Kriger, welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

What were your past projects like? What level of success did they reach? What are you thinking about doing this time around?

Degree
I do wonder though. As a newb, how did you find outa bout BuSo? A referral?
@EyesExist I was starting to research the keyword golden ratio and stumbled onto a post here

What were your past projects like? What level of success did they reach? What are you thinking about doing this time around?
Looking back on it now, past projects were spam but in fairness that was how it was done back then. MFA website then using Unique Article Wizard/eZine Articles to backlink to the sites.

It worked though and I made enough money to support myself party hard (early 20's with no bills) then when my entire portfoloio got nuked I hit rock bottom - lesson learnt here kids, invest in your business and rainyday fund. With no real option I had to go and get a job which is where I've been for the past decade.

I'm not sure which tactic to focus on first - I've a site online but it only has minimum content on it and I've not invested anything so wont be traumatised if I have to scrap this and start something else. What I don't want to do is run before I walk and I want to make sure the niche is in the right vertical if that makes any sense.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I've a site online but it only has minimum content on it and I've not invested anything so wont be traumatised if I have to scrap this and start something else. What I don't want to do is run before I walk and I want to make sure the niche is in the right vertical if that makes any sense.
I agree with this 100%. Just because you have a site that exists doesn't mean you have to choose it to work on. I'd go right back to the beginning so you can do the best keyword research and niche validation possible. Otherwise all of your future work could be in vain.

That's funny to even read "Unique Article Wizard" again. EzineArticles comes up sometimes because I'm reminded daily by the nice faux leather cup holder they sent me, with their logo embossed in it, with a complimentary coffee cup. I use the coaster every day, it's on my desk holding my coffee as I type this:

I was an expert author at one point in a past life! (aka dumped content from a site I took down onto it).

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
I still get Ezine article summaries once in a while, actually got one email a few days ago.

I have 9000 lifetime clicks from them and 100.000 views.

Honestly, that was an amazing source of trafic, if only things were so simple now.

Degree
Honestly, that was an amazing source of trafic, if only things were so simple now.
You wouldn't believe how much I wish I'd had gone harder and saved more when things were that wild. C'est la vie.

I'm sure one day we'll look back and wish things were as "easy" as they are now which is good motivation to push on.