Leodegarius - Introduction

Degree
Hey BUSO,

Sorry in advance for the typos and weird flow of the text. English is not my first language.

I've been a lurker for some time now but never had the balls to introduce myself. 27-year-old male, I've built a career in the hospitality industry but I'm tired of that now and want to start making some online bucks in order to (hopefully) make a full-time income. I still have the job, but each day I'm tempted to quit and do this full time ( I have savings). Unfortunately, my job is on the line due to the Coronavirus. I don't know if my job is going to be stable anymore due to a sharp decrease in customers.
No kids and the house I live on is mine and already paid in full.
Plus, I live in a developing country. So I don't have to make a lot of money in order to support myself. But of course, that kind of comfort mentality disgusts me a bit (thanks CCarter and Dan Peña) so I will work to one day be in the bragging thread alongside the big hitters.

What's the plan?

This will be my very first site so I plan to start a site and earn some money via affiliate marketing (Amazon). I already bought Astra Pro for Wordpress and the domain ( new). I bought the domain a year ago but never bother to start ( shame on me, I know ). But now reading the posts of Nargil and others I wonder if buying an expired domain could have been a better option. But as I have said I'm a newbie and don't know how to check expired domains.

What's the niche? Related to Kitchen and Home Appliances, but I need to do more research in order to drill down a bit. Already finished the Crash Course but definitely need to re-read it again. I have money to invest in a tool to start doing a bit of kw research in a more effective way. The free tools I've used are good but very limited in the number of searches one can make.
Would love to start a journey thread in order to be accountable to me mostly.

Thanks to CCarter, Eliquid, Ryuzaki, and others for providing a lot of good information. Hoping to be as successful as you guys one day.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome, I'm glad you started posting. We're all here to help and learn. Whoever speaks up gets the biggest benefits. Everyone else has to sit back and hope their questions get asked and answered.

It's unfortunate that you're being thrusted into internet marketing due to the circumstances instead of by choice, but I guess that's how it usually goes anyways. Most of us tend not to take certain leaps until we're forced to. Thankfully you have savings, a paid off house, and can get by on less.

I wouldn't worry too much about starting with an expired domain just yet. Can it help? Yes. But if this is your first project then it's not going to be the most perfect, most mature, most experienced thing you build. You'll gain so much understanding about things after your first go around that you'll be glad you didn't spend too much on a nice domain just yet (I would think). You might also be one of those rare few that come out of the gates swinging and have fast and huge success.

For keyword research, it's not perfect but check out UberSuggest. Neil Patel bought it and made it free and it's been getting better. It might save you some money.

Degree
Ryuzaki striking again with the clutch advice.

Ubersuggest is a hell of a tool to use and it even has a keyword advantage over a paid keyword tool that I use called kwfinder by providing a list of long-tail keywords rather than LSI keywords.