Large Content vs Short n Sweet to the Point ?

Degree
These days everyone is talking about large content. Generally 3000+ words. :smile: Do people really read such content or its only for google ?

I see a site ranking for tons of keywords which has just around 400-500 words each. Written by non-English writer. (Nepali)

As i am starting to build a niche website, if i post content that provides all required details but is only 600-700 words then will i rank ? :D Or have to elaborate it though it doesn't make sense ?

Another question, long content might look boring on mobile devices as well. Short to the point content is what user are looking for ?

Long content with links linking to key sections is a good time.

Most people don't read 3000-5000 long articles, they are more created for Google, feel free to install Hotjar, and you can see what your visitors are doing on your site, mouse clicks, scrolling, etc. Most of my visitors read 1000 words fully.

Both.
Have a detailed guide but also provide summaries/TL;DRs to give the best of both worlds

It depends on your niche I suppose. For one of my sites, the demographic would see all the text and would probably say to themselves "I'm not reading all this" and just go somewhere else.

That's why I put lots of pictures, infographics, etc. other visuals to keep them on page or to where I can lead them to somewhere else.

Depends on what page you're doing though as well. I have some pages that have 2000+ words that breaks down things for people looking into a specific service but I also align that page with a lot of graphics that leads to internal links elsewhere on my site.

Looking at one of my aged sites with not too many links i can see that longer in-depth content seems to rank better. But that does not mean, that long form content is the way to go for everything. For instance, would you want to force your writer to create a 3000 word guide about "yellow pencils" ? Who wants to read that? Noone. Your engagement metrics will suffer in return and i could imagine quite a few people will bounce angrily not to return ever again.

The same with using bullshit content, poor quality content etc. I would be happy to claim otherwise, but sites with no aggressive linkbuilding seem to suffer from shit content if the niche is halfway competitive and not something everyone can basically rank for with no ressources whatsoever.

That is, without aggressive linkbuilding....

I would go for long form content whenever it is warranted and smaller support articles.
Also think in terms of roi. Not every subject or keyword is worth a 3k word guide. Afterall, you're in this to make a profit, no ?

Back