Kicking off the new year with a new blog

Degree
Hello from FL. I feel like I tried to do this a few years ago and stopped because I didn't have a forum like this to guide and motivate me. I am looking forward to starting again!

Potatoe

sigma σ simba σ sugma
BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey welcome to the forum!

I don't mean to drill you, but what are you going to do differently this time, other than being aware of this forum? It's going to take more than that.

This forum can't post for you, or write for you, or buy content for you, or promote your blog for you, but we're here to help guide you in the "right direction" (bearing in mind that 10 different people here will have 7 or 8 different ideas about what that direction may look like - your job is to process it, determine whose worth listening to, who actually does the stuff they talk about, etc.)

There's bad advice that can cause you to waste a lot of time, and there's great advice that will help you cut through a lot of obstacles quickly, but the motherfucker of it all is that the "good" advice that helps one person could ruin someone else, and "bad" advice for someone could be the advice that somebody really needed to hear.

"Shut the fuck up, post 500 articles" has worked great for a lot of people who did exactly that and now they have all of their bills covered and they're doing whatever they want to do from now on, but it's also lead to people wasting a lot of time and energy cos they were missing too many pieces to pull it all together, then getting discouraged and quitting.

"Pick up the phone and call 50 people every single day" could make you a millionaire, or it could lead you to working for minimum wage in a call center fantasizing about whether the monitor cable is strong enough to support your body's weight.

You gotta make the right calls, you gotta post the right articles, and "right" means it also has to fit you as an individual. So, that's what you really need to figure out, but I think other people can help fill in the blanks and guide you beyond that.

Any plans for your new blog, have you found a topic that you're going to cover, do you have hosting, a domain, etc? How far along are you, and what's your next move? How far along are you?

I think most of us are happy to help guide you as best we can, but the motivation part... I think you're on your own for that and honestly I don't think motivation is really that important in the long run. You can do all of this without being motivated at all, you need consistency and grit.

Last edited: