Keylord & Protonail is Garbage - Impossible to Contact

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
I have no idea why these low level software companies do this, but they make it impossible to contact them when there is a problem. I can't imagine not being able to contact Apple or my bank if there is a problem, yet for some reason the people that make software, which you pay money for love making it impossible to contact them. Apparently it's like they can't be bothered with doing any customer service or support.

My problem right now is with the company Protonail make of Keylord. Keylord is a redis GUI app that allows you to see what's going on in a tree like format. There is the alternative rdm which is alright, but doesn't have this one tree format to see key values. FastoRedis is garbage cause it's a pretend GUI, where I have to input freaking commands, what is wrong with these people? So Keylord is literally the only option on the market. How that's even possible is mind-boggling.

First off, This company uses a weak ‘bait and switch' tactic, where it's a "Free Download", then once you open it up the only way to actually use the software is to buy it. I would be pissed cause there literally is no price on the website. But I really didn't care cause I wanted to buy the software, there is no alternative, literally. It's a $29.00 piece of software and definitely something I foresee myself using on a daily if not hourly basis, so it makes sense. I bought it and opened it up, things are going good for a couple of days, then the program crashes. Now it crashed on my other Macbook Pro - which in itself is strange since I had 8GB of RAM and it's got serious power on that thing. But now this new MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM, i7 stuff - this thing is no joke, so for the program to crash on this, that means the code itself is bad.

So I tried re-opening it, and what happened on my other Macbook happened here, the program cannot ever again open, PERIOD. WTF? I thought it was cause the old Macbook was a bit older, so this brand new one, literally with no other software installed, fresh from Apple, less then 1 week old, cannot ever again open the program? I even went as far as deleting the program and using AppCleaner to make sure ALL instances of the program were gone from my computer then tried re-installing the sucker, and nada. Program bounces up and down for opening then justs closes. I tried re-installing and cleaning it multiple more times, and nada. So basically there is some retarded left over file that's causing all this nonsense which I have to now go hunt down.

I sent these fools at Protonail a tweet (on January 26th - https://twitter.com/MercenaryCarter/status/692038405325209601) but the last time they ever tweeted on that account was in July, so I doubt I'll ever get a response. Sending them an email is a no-go as well, but looking all over their site they literally make it impossible to contact them at any serious level.

0WSqqmL.gif

But the problem is this is not the only software company that does this. It's always these small specialty software that have one man operations that think it's not critical to have a proper line of customer support or service. Maybe it's the neckbeard basement dweller mentality where they are socially inept and don't want to communicate with humans, but the reality is humans are the ones that buy your stuff. So if you don't want to communicate with humans you are going to have a harder time running a serious business.

There literally are huge opportunities in software and even SAAS for simple stuff like this for anyone willing to "show up" and talk to customers. I make it my #1 duty to answer all customers across all mediums. If they send us a message on Facebook I'll response on Facebook within 30 mins to 24 hours, even on weekends. If they tweet a question I'll tweet back. If they email a problem, I'll email them back. We even built an internal interface where they can "one-click" and input their comment, question, or feedback and they'll get a response. We even have this magical thing called a "Contact Us" Form, where - get this, people can CONTACT US at any time. If you want me to jump on the phone with you, I'll jump on the phone, I don't care, I'm here to help my customers use my software as best as possible. Feedback from them is the only way I'll be able to do that. We even installed Intercom recently just to get closer to out customers.

And that takes me to the next problem, if your customers aren't able to properly communicate with you, how can you improve the software, their experience, and your bottom-line? They are the ones on the front-lines using your product and wouldn't it just make sense to listen to their problems and things that make it difficult for them to use your stuff?

So now I have no GUI solution for simple redis queries, and no I have no interesting in wasting time with the command-line when I got a mouse - it's 2016 mates, not 1984.

Can someone just create a redis gui that works? I'll pay money for it!!

Back