Keeping Track Of Multiple Projects

NeverFrugal

BuSo Pro
Degree
For client stuff I use a CRM, no problems there. Links straight with Wave for easy reporting. All in one place.

But how are you tracking multiple personal projects? I'm talking P+L accounts, usernames + passwords, to do lists, VA conversations etc across 5+ sites.

I'm currently using a weird mashup of Evernote, Wunderlist and Numbers. It seems far from optimal.

Can anyone share their set-up?

Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot, but I still literally use e-mail and excel. Just come up with a system that works for you and stick with it. You're going to drive yourself nuts if you think there is going to be a solution that fits your needs exactly.

I fuckin love email and excel. I use Google Drive also.

I use active inbox to stay on top of all my projects. It's an extension that sits on top of my google apps / gmail account and offers a better interface for folders, due dates, and item statuses. It's geared toward the 'getting things done' system but flexible enough to be used in a lot of ways.

I have email flags like "Action" "Waiting" or "Read Later". Considering most of my tasks come from email it made a lot of sense to integrate project management. The extension also adds a "New Task" button which is a shortcut to a self-addressed email. I'll use that for self generated or other personal tasks

activeinboxhq.com

Toodledo here.
The only cross-platform service offering REAL notes, not "tasks with notes", but notes as a seperate entity.
If they would finally include a frigging calendar, it'd be a full GTD app (the very first one)

::emp::

@emp Thanks for the recommendation. Looks very promising, especially with the habit tracker.
Just signed up.

Gmail
Todoist - Todos for the day/week/month
KanbanFlow (thanks @[URL='https://www.buildersociety.com/members/ryuzaki.36/']Ryuzaki[/URL]) - I have seperate projects for my two businesses and Uni assignments
Google Drive - Notes of lectures & courses, articles/ideas, Uni notes, etc
Google Notes - Smaller notes that don't deserve their own document
Google Calendar - Various appointments and meetings

My "workflow" is in the infancy, so I'll be adding more tools if it means I'll become more efficient.

I'm currently reading GTD (thanks @emp), which should change my todos and projects.

For client stuff I use a CRM, no problems there. Links straight with Wave for easy reporting. All in one place.

But how are you tracking multiple personal projects? I'm talking P+L accounts, usernames + passwords, to do lists, VA conversations etc across 5+ sites.

I'm currently using a weird mashup of Evernote, Wunderlist and Numbers. It seems far from optimal.

Can anyone share their set-up?

I've used many different tools before, but I have grown to love and currently use Trello for my own personal projects.

For client work, I was using Basecamp or just plain email, but I'm actually liking Trello more these days, so I'm most likely going to switch to that for my clients as well.

Back