Just won a global competition!

Callum Short

Founder @ Beambox.com
Degree
Hi bros,

Posting this here because I'm unbelievably excited and hopefully it will make for a good post on BS when I get back. A few months ago, after coming second in a university entrepreneurial competition (I wasn't a student haha) I submitted myself to the YSN global entrepreneurial competition in franchising. I have been building web apps for the franchise industry for months now and it is something which I have gained great enjoyment out of, I've befriended some marketers and 'high-ups' in some franchise companies and it is great experience for me.

Well, about 2 hours ago I got an email from YSN letting me know that I was one of the winners of their global competition and will be rewarded with a free travel, accommodation and convention voucher for the 'Las Vegas MGM Grand Hotel Franchise Convention' which is occurring next month.

I'm only 17 and had some initial worries about needing to be 18, but it turns out they can make an exception so myself and my brother are planning the journey!

Let me know if any of you want me to look into something or talk to a company for you, I'm more than willing to spend some time for you guys! Also any recommendations/preperation tips would be greatly appreciated, it's ultimately a business exhibition for franchises.

Super excited!

Have you setup a company to take orders? Dude you can kill it - I'd go nuts if I was there...

Congrats man make sure you let us know how it goes!

Thanks Meta, I certainly will, expect a ton of pictures :smile:

Wow that's great news. Congrats!

Thanks mate, I'm beyond excited!

Have you setup a company to take orders? Dude you can kill it - I'd go nuts if I was there...

Not yet, I think I can get the service I wish to sell completed in time but not the sales site. I'll have to see how it goes. My real goal is in establishing a franchise-related circle on LinkedIn, I plan to do this with business cards featuring my profile link.

Back