Is Pagination to Boost Pageviews Seen as Thin Content by Google?

Degree
I have an online magazine-type of site.

I'm thinking about adding something like this: https://www.travelden.co.uk/15-most-dangerous-bridges-in-the-world-1

The headline is "15 most dangerous bridges". And then create a new post for each bridge. (I guess that's what they are doing) So to see the next dangerous bridge, you will have to click the "next" button.

To increase my adsense revenue.

However, I am not sure if this would be seen as spammy/thin content by Google. The site is going quite well in terms of traffic and affiliate revenue. Would it be bad to implement above?

Do you have experience or input regarding this?

I have an online magazine-type of site.

I'm thinking about adding something like this: https://www.travelden.co.uk/15-most-dangerous-bridges-in-the-world-1

The headline is "15 mons dangerous bridges". And then create a new post for each bridge. (I guess that's what they are doing) So to see the next dangerous bridge, you will have to click the "next" button.

To increase my adsense revenue.

However, I am not sure if this would be seen as spammy/thin content by Google. The site is going quite well in terms of traffic and affiliate revenue. Would it be bad to implement above?

Do you have experience or input regarding this?

I think the URL you linked to actually gets treated as one page. It seems they're using page breaks which adds the number at the end of the URL when you click next. But it's all under the same post on WordPress (not separate posts).

I utilized that tactic on one of my older sites but I eventually changed it back to just one page because I personally don't like sites that do that (it's annoying) and I think it's bad user experience (especially if your site loads slowly and each page is stuffed with ads).

@Olov, it's not spammy, though as a user I refuse to click "next" ever. Some sites choose to have a "show all on one page" button, others will canonicalize all of the paginated pages to that "show all" page for Google. And then they use social media PPC to get suckers to click through the paginated series. It's called pagination, by the way.

If I was going to do this kind of thing, I'd do it with CPM ads, not CPC ads. That way you get paid for sure on each of those new page loads, instead of "maybe it increases the chance for me to get a click." I mean, I realized Adsense has some CPM involved now, but it's not enough to really justify this method, I don't think.

The only time I saw anyone really improve their earnings in a meaningful way with Adsense and pagination was when Adsense had those "right arrow buttons" embedded in the text ads. So they would trick the user into thinking that was the "next" button. So Adsense and these webmasters were defrauding advertisers, and this went on for like a year before it got enough public attention for Google to finally be forced to shut it down.

Back