Is MotionInvest Allowed To Remove a Site from Their Listings After it Tanks?

Degree
First time selling a site and decided MotionInvest is the best place to do so. However, the site was hit by Google May 2022 Update and I received an email from MotionInvest on them removing my website out of their marketplace. Are they allowed to do this? How can I prevent them from doing so? And in the event that it's taken out of the marketplace where else can I sell it (empire flippers and Flippa excluded)?

Read the contract that you signed with them. They're probably well within their rights to remove your listing.

Try Facebook Groups for buying/selling websites. Someone there may buy distressed websites like yours. Realistically though, you're shit out of luck unless the site recovers.

Did you sign a contract saying they couldn't remove your site from their listings? I'm sure that, if you already signed a contract, it probably has a clause that says if they do remove your website that you're not bound by any exclusivity agreement (3 months or whatever it might be). In which case you could sell it anywhere else you want.

You can try to sell it here in the Marketplace. FEInternational is a brokerage that does good work. Quiet Light Brokerage... there's tons of these brokerages and marketplaces now. If you search the topic you'll find lists and lists of them.

But it's going to really hurt your multiple to see a nosedive in the most recent history. You might be better off holding it since Google is likely to reverse some of the damages they created.

Give it some time. My site was hit hard and came back yesterday.

Who knows really!

But if your site was hit, any buyer completing due diligence will see the drop and most buyers likely won’t purchase it unless you give them a sweet deal.

So you’d be on the losing end.

why not wait a few weeks to see what happens, then if it doesn’t recover look at your options.

selling now seems like a

@Ryuzaki how soon for Google to reverse the update? Won't it hurt multiples a lot if reversal is a few months down the line?

@Ryuzaki how soon for Google to reverse the update? Won't it hurt multiples a lot if reversal is a few months down the line?
Sure, but I wouldn't expect it to be months down the line with THIS much of an obvious screw up on their part. I'd expect a month tops, if not two weeks from now. Don't quote me on this because I don't want you to change your plans based on what some internet stranger said. But selling now doesn't make sense regardless, especially if it's one of these horror stories of a 75% to 100% traffic loss. That has to be an unintended consequence that Google is likely scrambling to fix. Don't expect them to acknowledge it either. I'm guessing in a couple weeks to a month a small update is pushed that fixes it.

Did you sign a contract saying they couldn't remove your site from their listings? I'm sure that, if you already signed a contract, it probably has a clause that says if they do remove your website that you're not bound by any exclusivity agreement (3 months or whatever it might be). In which case you could sell it anywhere else you want.

You can try to sell it here in the Marketplace. FEInternational is a brokerage that does good work. Quiet Light Brokerage... there's tons of these brokerages and marketplaces now. If you search the topic you'll find lists and lists of them.

But it's going to really hurt your multiple to see a nosedive in the most recent history. You might be better off holding it since Google is likely to reverse some of the damages they created.
Hi Ryuzaki Sir, do you have any expereince with Investors.club, I recently listed a site in their marketplace. I hope it can sell successfully so I have a good budget to leverage my coming plan. I hear somewhere that many people list their sites to Investors.club and it rarely sold :(

Hi Ryuzaki Sir, do you have any expereince with Investors.club, I recently listed a site in their marketplace. I hope it can sell successfully so I have a good budget to leverage my coming plan. I hear somewhere that many people list their sites to Investors.club and it rarely sold :(
I’ve sold a couple of sites with Investors Club and never had any issues. A good team who know their stuff and the funds were transferred quickly. Also less fees than other brokers.

I’ve sold a couple of sites with Investors Club and never had any issues. A good team who know their stuff and the funds were transferred quickly. Also less fees than other brokers.
Wow, it's great to hear that. I hope I will have a successful flip with them. I admit that those guys work professional & have a nice communicate with the seller than other platform. Thanks for your share bro!

Back