Is market research a service that is needed?

Degree
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have done a fair amount of reading on this site and others (Reddit, etc) and I'm having trouble settling on my first real "venture".

I have a full-time job that I cannot quit, so anything I do will be done for about an hour early in the morning or on the weekends.

My question is, if I pay for a subscription based tool and learn how to use it really well, can I sell "finished research" to people?

Do drop-shippers just handle this themselves?

I guess my value proposition is:
- The person buying doesn't have to buy the subscription
- The person buying saves the time they would have spent researching and can just make decisions and take action based on the work I do for them
- The person buying doesn't have to learn a complex tool. They talk to me and explain what they want and I handle the technical/mundane details of using the tool and formatting the final report

Or, is everything easy enough to use, and cheap enough, that people solve their own needs?

If this is somewhat viable, what kind of pricing scheme is competitive?

For that to work you would need to show previous experience and proven results. Show people how you doing this research has increased profits.

If you cant show that then you don’t have a value proposition.

The majority of paying keyword sheeter users are reselling to end clients of some sort.

Usually people pair a research offering with some implementation services. Market research is kind of hard as a stand alone specialization because the process itself yields insight that gives a lot of useful synergy you miss out on by not bundling or enabling other work.

TLDR
You can offer market research as part of an agency brand. That’s a really normal way of capturing enough value to be viable to deal with.

Last edited:
I have no opinion on market research for dropshipping, but I would be extremely interested in a service like Glimpse, but much more niched down.

I would pay you to deliver monthly reports on what is going on the niche and what products are trending and if you could deliver it in a basic keyword rich format, then that would be awesome.

For that to work you would need to show previous experience and proven results. Show people how you doing this research has increased profits.

If you cant show that then you don’t have a value proposition.
The only caveat I'd add to this is if the tool is one that is fundamental to the business, like keyword research. Everyone knows you need it already, and some just don't want to pay for access. So they'll run off to Fiverr to buy exports instead. Or in some cases they know they want KGR keywords so they buy a bundle of those from someone who can use the tool to do the research.

In either case, we're talking about Fiverr type stuff for $5 or $10 a pop. It's not really that lucrative unless you want to create a 2nd day job for yourself or lose your already slim margins by outsourcing it.

But yeah, this is precisely why SEO has had such a bad reputation. Newbies come out of the gates with zero experience or successes to show, start an agency, fool some people, and then fail for the client. "Should I start my first website or start an agency?" The amount of times I've heard that question is insane.

I'm not saying that's what @Tennis85 is asking. But the fact still stands, if you want to make actual amounts of money and not pitter-patter around on Fiverr, you need to have your own successes first so you can convert serious clients with your marketing.

The only caveat I'd add to this is if the tool is one that is fundamental to the business, like keyword research. Everyone knows you need it already, and some just don't want to pay for access. So they'll run off to Fiverr to buy exports instead. Or in some cases they know they want KGR keywords so they buy a bundle of those from someone who can use the tool to do the research.

In either case, we're talking about Fiverr type stuff for $5 or $10 a pop. It's not really that lucrative unless you want to create a 2nd day job for yourself or lose your already slim margins by outsourcing it.

But yeah, this is precisely why SEO has had such a bad reputation. Newbies come out of the gates with zero experience or successes to show, start an agency, fool some people, and then fail for the client. "Should I start my first website or start an agency?" The amount of times I've heard that question is insane.

I'm not saying that's what @Tennis85 is asking. But the fact still stands, if you want to make actual amounts of money and not pitter-patter around on Fiverr, you need to have your own successes first so you can convert serious clients with your marketing.
At what point do suggest starting an agency then? I was planning on doing this a little later on. At what amount of traffic or money do you think I can make clients get results? It's almost like your predicting all my mistakes and stuff.

I also plan on creating backlinks now, I realized this will give me a competitive advantage over the other people. Do you suggest any limit on the number of links one should get on brand new site about 1-2 months old?

And on the other post you mentioned KGR keywords do work if you do serp analysis. What's the point in doing KGR if your going to do SERP analysis, might as well just go for keywords without wasting time doing the allintitle thing. I personally bought KGR pack a while back from some guy, wrote some articles, I also wrote articles on low comp keywords I found from keywordchef and doing manual research, the one I found gets way more traffic.

You also mentioned learning from noobs in that other thread. I personally learn and get my data (outside of buso) from youtubers who show income reports typically between 1-5k per month, and their communities and blackhatworld journeys. Most of them have a large portfolio of websites making them money. I realized that this approach is wrong and to instead focus on 1. They all target low search volume keywords. Same with me. So since I plan on creating backlinks should I try to target higher volume keywords now or should I still go for 0-200 search volume on ahrefs keywords (We know they get more traffic than that)?? I already have articles that I am going to get from my writer totaling like 170 articles total on the site.

Back