Is it worth upgrading to OS X Yosemite?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
^ read some terrible reviews on it. I like the flat design though

From what I've read and heard, because of it being new, it doesn't flow extremely well. I also love the design they put into it, but it seems to be a much heavier OS than the previous Mac OS versions (Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard were my favorites). Unless you're running on a solid state drive, it may be a bit annoying with boot speeds and some load times.

Yosemite is up to Version 10.10.3 already, and functions well, just as stable as previous versions.
An SSD is a good bet, 8GB+ of RAM would be more important.

Yosemite is up to Version 10.10.3 already, and functions well, just as stable as previous versions.
An SSD is a good bet, 8GB+ of RAM would be more important.
hmm, then I may install it tonight. Just the reviews scared me away, but they were 6months-2months old

It did have a few quirks initially. Nothing that detracted from workflow, or improvements in workflow, but all is well in the last few updates.
** Depending on your machine- I would always create a bootable back up first (test it!), and do a clean install. This will ensure the best results IMO, and get you to reorganize a bit!
Good luck! Hit me up with any other questions.

@Alex VanDavid tried downloading it over night and imac paused it like halfway (guess it switched off etc) is the download still fine if i resume it? i would think it would be corrupt, no?

Yes just resume, it is a hefty file. If the file is corrupt it will prompt you to do it again.
You backed up right?? :D

Yes just resume, it is a hefty file. If the file is corrupt it will prompt you to do it again.
You backed up right?? :D
didnt have much to back up lol, its brand new

Back