Is it possible to automate content production? (Without hiring writers)

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
I'm looking for a way to increase my posting frequency and automate some posts just to build out my site faster.

I found a few plugins that scrape YouTube videos from channels and post them. I was thinking of doing something similar but instead of just having the video I would write some unique content around it.

Is this an effective strategy? are these posts too low quality?

Last edited:
I think it's OK, but those YT scrapers give funny results at times. So you would have to review each video post before publishing, as well as write unique content for it. So after all you end up in the same place, or I misunderstood your strategy. Also, you could use this https://www.wprssaggregator.com/ with addons and Wordai, this is probably one of the best options.

Some time ago I've used wordai generated articles with few paragraphs of original content added. It was actually working , plus those articles were shared on twitter a bit as well lol.

Is this an effective strategy? are these posts too low quality?

If you have to ask...

Shortcuts will cut you short somewhere down the line.

Think long term.

I mean, there seem to be many, many ways to easily scrape content and post to your website if you're just looking for posts. If you care about Google it doesn't seem like this would be smart. If you want your visitors to have quality content it also might be a risk.

If you aren't worried about duplicate content I'd recommend finding some subreddits and grabbing some of the bigger comments. Grab a couple, make it look like Q&A with your own blog. If you're okay with rewriting in your own words this probably a way to publish stuff pretty fast.

If there is any 'news' aspect to your niche, set up Google Alerts with some keywords and push out the same news everyone else is doing. If you really want automation, IFTTT + RSS feeds can push shit out and you can always write content around it once you see that its published.

If you are truly adding compelling content that people will want to read and share then sure. But the post implies too many buzz words like "automate", "scrape", etc....

I think this quote sums up a great answer from one of the best in the biz.

PXCnDGM.png

I agree. Aggregate and re-write by hand. Your hand or someone elses.

You can find a YouTube video being talked about on Reddit and do something like this:
  • Unique Intro Paragraph
  • The Video
  • Unique Paragraph about its popularity around the web.
  • Paste a few good comments from Reddit
  • Unique Commentary on Comments
  • Paste a few good Youtube comments
  • Unique Commentary on comments
  • Unique Conclusion
You could knock one of those out in 10 minutes from start to publication. The Unique parts would just be witty, off-the-hip crap you come up with off the top of your head to unify it all and make it your own.

Google will eat it up for being 50% unique. It doesn't take much to avoid having a shit site while doing less work. Bring value in the commentary to help tell a story, be humorous, etc. Interlink to money making pages.

I would consider that GOOD content if you execute it well. This is what almost every news site and newspaper has ever done. Curate comments, interview answers, quotes from around the web, copy and paste quips from the Associated Press, and click Publish.

You should probably concentrate on creating higher quality pieces of content that will drive their own traffic and revenue, versus these scraping duplicate content tactics to simply "grow" the website with thin content using the quantity road. I mean if you really have to rely on article spinners aka spam - I mean come on man... You're impatience is going to kill this site once again and destroy any authority you are trying to create.

If you are going to create a spam/blackhat website, create a spam/blackhat website, but you have to realize it will come crashing down eventually. If you want the authority site route where you'll have this asset for years and generating you cash left and right - you might want to stay away from spam.

@built I don't know setup of your website, but if you have something like "news" section you could use this "kind" of content without causing any troubles to your entire site (and quality content). Google likes news and news can rank quite fast. It has short lifespan overall, but doing it like @Ryuzaki said would work just fine. Instead of taking any video from YT you think is OK, you could monitor for news in your industry, and then take content from sourcing site, and quote it between your own inputs. To make it media reach now you could embed suitable YT video, suitable Tweets etc. If you could spend on it like one hour, you would be adding 2-3 news a day. In those news you would add links to your quality content that is relevant. Doing it that way you have a completely legit content that is worth attention of your users, and additionally is driving traffic to your money making content (plus all other benefits of fresh content published on a daily basis).

There are plugins for WP that allows you to monitor niche from the dashboard directly, or you could use other services, or do it manually while researching your niche (I would take last option). One important note here, I don't think you should use Reedit or any major news magazine to look for news :wink: Simply because you won't have a chance to be the first one that way. I would monitor all important websites in the niche (and related niches) instead. Sure, if you are late with some important news, it's still beneficial to go for it anyway, at least just to show G that you are not fucking around and you are on the top of your game as well.

The value is in improving margin. In most business sectors, this is usually achieved significantly through automating cost-ineffective processes. Time is a limited resource. The goal is, automate as much as possible, to the point of creativity and ingenuity. The end result being, time and opportunity to focus the human side of the equation on your highest ROI efforts.

In this case, maybe better engagement might be the goal, so a strategy may be automating the "busy work", data collection, etc. as much as possible, to save time so you can focus on creating the most optimal content for the audience. Either way, usually the place that most need to start is doing everything manually. Figure out a process that allows you to end up with a solid, converting piece of content. Once you've done that successfully a few times, then start looking at parts of that process (content idea prospecting, for example) and figuring out some ways to speed them up or automate them. I'd recommend starting there and not worrying about frequency. There's always time to deal with that later.

Back