Is it crazy to offer a % in exchange for a niche?

Degree
I want to publish books for Kindle. I have been doing research and I found some interesting posts on NichePursuits.com that made me even more excited to give this a try (http://www.nichepursuits.com/self-publish-a-book-on-amazon/) but I'm stuck on finding a niche. I might just be shy to pull the trigger but I don't want to go through everything just to find out I picked a bad niche.

But I'm wondering if it would be totally craycray to offer a % of sales in exchange for a tip from somebody that has more experience in this than I do? Like if you know how to research things on Amazon and to get a feel for what could do well or if you already have an idea for a book but you don't plan on executing it maybe we could work out a deal? I would rather share the sales and be able to go into this project being confident that I'm giving myself the best chance to succeed :smile:

Not at all.

There's tremendous value in that one decision. If your adviser genuinely has the kind of information to improve your decision it can be a fantastic choice.

You know you can use the google keyword tool to scout for demand.

Its obviously not the same data as people searching on amazon, but it would at least give you a reasonable idea of where the demand is. Then you can go look at the Amazon results for each little subject and decide for yourself whether or not you think you are capable of better serving said demand then the existing offerings and whether or not topic can be worthwhile to you.

Not at all. Just make sure you pick a strategic advisor who can add value, both short term, and long term. This is very common in the start-up world to raise valuations and accelerate the company.

Back