Is a Macbook worth getting? (I'd like to fit in)

I've had a Macbook Air now for 3 months+ and I can only say that I love it.

I wish I had switched earlier.

The Macbook Air to me is the ultimate lightweight productivity machine. Looooong battery life, I still get like 5 hours on a 4 year old machine. It's so light, pick up, bring it with you, have it in your lap. This is probably the biggest benefit. I can use it whenever, wherever. Got 10 minutes on the train? That's 10 minutes of work. This is paramount due to my chronic pain and inconsistent work hours as a result.

The keyboard is so smooth and almost never misfires. I can write faster and more precisely as a result. The touchpad is so freakin awesome with the commands to scroll or go back/forward and all that. So vastly superior to regular touchpads. It's the only laptop I feel comfortable working at for longer hours without a mouse.

iOS is pretty good, but honestly my biggest and only gripe. There's just some real weird bugs, that you think they'd have figured out by now. Like certain programs not showing up in Recent. And how there's no "Back" button in the file navigation. How you need a paid app to get miniature previews instead of a list on minimized windows.

While in finder go to: View > Show Path Bar. That may help you

Or View > Customize toolbar > And drag the "Path" Button to the toolbar

Been using a Macbook Pro for 5 years now, didn't know this. Very useful.

I know that, but it's not as evident and useful as a simple "Up" button.

Back