Introductions Thread

@bennyruby, Where in Thailand are you? Chaing Mai has a good expat network of people escaping Capitalism. You can connect there.

The YouTuber who made Best Ever Food Review Show was in your same boat. He now has like 3 million subscribers.

As for visas, you can get on the culture visa and learn Thai or Muay Thai to stay in thailand longer. If you really like it, learn the langauge, as you'll need it to integrate. I know a guy who did PPC who ended up marrying a thai girl and, last I heard, lives in Portugal with her.

Good luck! Your desperate, naive, hopeful energy spirits me! It's good to see people do this! I hope you succeed!

@bennyruby, All the best with your journey. Recently visited Asia for a few months and Thailand was an amazing country. On our list to possible settle there in a few years.

@bennyruby, Where in Thailand are you? Chaing Mai has a good expat network of people escaping Capitalism. You can connect there.

The YouTuber who made Best Ever Food Review Show was in your same boat. He now has like 3 million subscribers.

As for visas, you can get on the culture visa and learn Thai or Muay Thai to stay in thailand longer. If you really like it, learn the langauge, as you'll need it to integrate. I know a guy who did PPC who ended up marrying a thai girl and, last I heard, lives in Portugal with her.

Good luck! Your desperate, naive, hopeful energy spirits me! It's good to see people do this! I hope you succeed!
I am actually in Koh Samui right now. I was in Chiang Mai last week, but the air quality started getting bad because of the Burning Season. I'll be back in Chiang Mai hopefully before my visa runs out if it gets better. But yes, as you mentioned - I went there specifically for that. To surround myself with those kinds of people.

I didn't know about the Muay Thai for visas - that's an idea I'll explore. Thank you for your wishes

@bennyruby, All the best with your journey. Recently visited Asia for a few months and Thailand was an amazing country. On our list to possible settle there in a few years.
Thank you. It is a great place. There are interestingly tons of Russians that moved here. I see a lot of Russian shops/restaurants, Russian owned businesses. Families walking through the larger supermarkets. Germans and French too. This is in Koh Samui by the way. 10 years from now this will be another international hotspot, with Thailand making it so easy for foreigners to come and start businesses.

Hi all, for the purpose of this forum I’m Robyn based in the UK and in my late 20’s. Been learning a lot of internet marketing over the years and have been relatively successful in building sites getting them up to profit and then flipping them.

Currently working on a big seo heist targeting a site with high vanity stats thousands of pages and potentially a poop ton of ad revenue.

Go big or go home. It’s time to create a legacy that outlives me so why not do it doing fun.

I am not adverse to a few black hat tactics but nothing to shady (especially if you want to flip)

Probably like most I heard of this place via Kyle and the avalanche method.
That's pretty cool. How did you learn to do that? Are we talking just blog type sites?

Hey everyone

I've been working in the field of SEO for quite some time now. Currently I'm searching for nofollow backlinks to enhance my backlink profile. It's all about maintaining that balance..

If any of you have recommendations on places or services to acquire nofollow backlinks I'd really appreciate your input. Also, feel free to reach out if you want to exchange tips and stories about SEO – I'm here for that too.

Thanks for welcoming me! Excited, for some discussions!

Cheers,
Ralph

Hey there BuSo community !

I'm a programmer in my late 20s, I mainly do freelance work but I've had quite the experience with personal projects here and there.
My main goal going forward, is to generate a substantial enough "passive income" through affiliate / SEO / pSEO / similar sites that are mostly automated in nature so that I won't have to freelance anymore or worry about money for that matter. My living expenses are on the low end of the spectrum, so I don't expect this to be that hard.
Especially since we now have LLMs such as GPT-4 that can generate quality content given the right prompting and strategy and given my programming experience, I can automate a good chunk of that work

I hope to be able to both benefit from the collective experience of the BuSo community and give back wherever I can.

Cheers

Hello Everyone,

I joined this community based on a recommendation of another SEO.

I've been in Digital Marketing and SEO for several years professionally. I'm also an expert at Domain Valuation.

I've begun trying to build out my own projects so I don't have to go back to a regular job. The search gods have definitely made it much harder.

My goal is to learn, grow, and share my knowledge here.

Best

Last edited:
Hey all, another casualty of the latest Google changes checking in! After seeing my 5 year old site with over 700 handwritten posts each with custom illustrations get smashed against the rocks in this latest update I've decided that I need to find a way to pivot!

Morning Builders.

I'm here because Twitter sent me! In all seriousness, I'm here to develop my marketing skills beyond SEO given the recent Google shitshow.

Hey there! I'm Marcus and I'm excited to be joining the Builder Society! I love exploring technology and marketing, and I'm excited to share and learn from this amazing community. Excited to meet everyone and learn from each other!

I've been a lurker for a while now. I work in house in a law firm doing SEO and PPC (active in the work and also managing a team). Really just getting tired of all the other SEO forums that parrot what Google is saying and not showing much testing themselves. It's good to see people here sharing tactics that have and have not worked for them. It's given me some good ideas to test out on my own.

Hi Builders,
I feel honored to be accepted into this prestigious society.

My name is Kaj and I'm a veteran of computing and the Internet. I used Yahoo, when it was a directory and text bulletin boards with 300 baud acoustic couplers before the Internet was accessible and the WWW was invented. The first computers I owned were a ZX80 from Sinclair and an Atari 800 (non XL). My first website I created in the early 90s, likely 1990. It still exists - https : //www.angelfire.com/ ma /kzilli/index.html

These days I'm heavily into schema markup and the Google Knowledge Graph. As a matter of fact I specialize in optimizing for it.

I have followed these forums for a long time. I studied the CC Carter's avalanche method and followed it to an extent. CC's post about schema markup prompted me to join and it is a pity I can't reply to his post right away. I'd love to help him to achieve his goal. DM me if you read this and let's see how I could accelerate your learning about this fascinating topic.

Back