Introduction

Degree
Hi all,
I am a middle-aged, currently wantrepreneur. I have been in the the IT world for the last 20+ years and finally had enough of the corporate BS. I have not worked in a corporate job for the last few months and living off some passive income and savings. I am trying to figure out what to do next and thinking about an affiliate site. I think I have a bit of a mental block though since I find it difficult to find which direction to go in.
Well thats it for now really. I will try to learn from everyone here and see where it gets me.
Thanks,
Stoic0

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
@stoic0, welcome! Have you seen our Digital Strategy Crash Course? It has an entire section designed to help you think your way through niche selection in a way to help you avoid pitfalls, make sure there's enough money in it to be worth your time, etc.

Just be aware that it can definitely take a solid year to get decent earnings on a new website these days if you depend on SEO only. There's a lot you can do to get out there and attract traffic to your site instead of waiting on Google to bless you, which actually ends up causing Google to bless you sooner too. It's a double dip.

We're here and excited to help you out. Hope to catch you around the forum.

Degree
Thanks, Ryuzaki. I appreciate the encouragement. I am going through the Crash Course and hopefully that will help me with the niche selection.

I am OK with investing some money into ads or other channels and not relying purely on SEO (which I understand changes constantly anyway due to the Google algorithm changing).

SmokeTree

Developer/Linux Consultant
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome to BuSo @stoic0. Nice to see more folks close to my age in here, especially those that have been in the IT field for > 20 years. As @Ryuzaki mentioned, the Crash Course here is worth more than pretty much anything you can buy from one of those self-proclaimed "Gurus" out there. Glad you're taking the time to check it out and I look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Degree
Welcome to BuSo @stoic0. Nice to see more folks close to my age in here, especially those that have been in the IT field for > 20 years. As @Ryuzaki mentioned, the Crash Course here is worth more than pretty much anything you can buy from one of those self-proclaimed "Gurus" out there. Glad you're taking the time to check it out and I look forward to seeing you on the forum.
Great to meet, SmokeTree. Love that Yogananda quote too. "Life of a Yogi" is a great book!
Looking forward to chat further.