Introduction and my site plan

Degree
Hello Builder Society, I recently found this forum and have been reading a lot.

I've had this dream to build a website for over a year now, a basic amazon affiliate review site with plans for growth into other networks, but what I've been working on the past year or so is the site template and interesting automation and learning different tech stacks.

I'm sure your average person thinks it was a waste of time, but it's impossible to explain my vision, other then to say i'm extremely close to the point where I can make use of my automation and start blasting out content. I spent months trying to code a solution in WP custom blocks (learning the mandatory modern JS & React to do so) and it was just too limiting for what I was trying to do. I figured screw this, I have played with SSG's in the past year or two and I was going to learn a new one, arguably the 'best' one right now, Gatsby.

My posts will be written in a combination of Markdown and JSX Components, called MDX which is perfect for my semi-automated workflow. I have good knowledge of web scraping, OK knowledge of javascript and can code themes from scratch with HTML/CSS but I'm still working on making things perfect on mobile. I'm no designer, I'm not quite "mobile first" yet though it's something I'm working on. I have ideas for a hundred posts and that will be my goal by July, get 100 posts up, and hopefully earn 1000/month in either November or December and really see the site start earning in 2021.

Thanks for reading, any questions let me know!

Degree
Interesting.

Do you plan no doing regular content as well or will your site be fully automated only?
It will all be regular written content, but my big project has been automated the shell of an article if that makes sense. I spent a long time on it, some could definately argue I spent WAY too long, I could probably sell pieces of the system but I want to run it myself for a while first.

Without going into a ton of detail, it involves a custom browser extension and some custom scraping to generate the shell of a Best X for Y article.

If I wanted to write "best skinny jeans for men over 60", I am 98% of the way finished, where I select a bunch of items I like off a website (maybe a jeans manufacturer website), grab the affiliate links I need,and generate the shell of a post for editing.The links, images, etc are in the post and there are some <INSERT CONTENT HERE> areas lol. I pretty much wrote it for myself, not the mass audience. For example, adding new sites to scrape content off, I need to analyze the site myself, find the specific CSS selectors to scrape, the specific divs to insert buttons into, its not easy work, but I can see the next 6-12 months of work ahead of me at least.

I'm working on the finishing touches of my article generator (I call it :smile: ) then I'll be writing a bunch of content. Right now I'm still using the manual affiliate links, I'll upgrade to the API once i start getting more consistent sales. I had 2 sites running for a while but took them down when I decided to dump my VPS servers, dump wordpress and go 100% Gatsby.

I have a lot of content writing to do to catch up. I plan on one day running multiple websites off this system and investing the profits into writers, I am better at the coding end of things. I also have the idea to buy and sell websites one day, optimize CRO, I see some really ugly websites from Flippa that could convert better with some custom web dev skills.

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
As said, interesting :D

It does sound quite blackhat though, but I'm sure there's a market for that.