Internet Marketing Secret Weapons

Degree
Ok if it's actually a secret I know you won't post it here. But Im using that phrase lightly :wink:

Curious what tools or services people have found that have been game changers for their businesses and their processes.

For me it's oneNote (Apparently very similar to evernote). I spend a couple of hours learning how to use it the right way and watching videos about it and I have a really good system where I can reference any information that I need in just a few seconds and I can put all of my notes there and ideas and brainstorms. I can embed all of my KW research spreadsheets and other documents. Knowing where everything is and being able to get it in 3-4 clicks at the most has helped a lot.

I have sections for different projects and then sections that give me an overview and I find it really helpful.

Im curious what type of work some of you do and what your "secret weapons" are.

For me it's oneNote (Apparently very similar to evernote). I spend a couple of hours learning how to use it the right way and watching videos about it and I have a really good system where I can reference any information that I need in just a few seconds and I can put all of my notes there and ideas and brainstorms

Caring is sharing...
I am always interested in how to organize all the info.

So any link to the videos or maybe a short outline of your system?

$Thanks,
::emp::

Caring is sharing...
I am always interested in how to organize all the info.

So any link to the videos or maybe a short outline of your system?

$Thanks,
::emp::
Yes please! Ever since I got my Surface Pro I've been using OneNote way more than Evernote. Would love to see how to use it to replace Evernote completely.

@emp @Sh0ckw4ve

Wish I remembered exactly which videos. I just Youtubed "OneNote basics" or whatever and then moved on to some videos about using OneNote for GTD. Its hard for me to put away all the distractions and to really focus on learning a new tool new like that but it was worth it.

There are pros and cons for onenote vs evernote. I have never gotten the hang of evernote for some reason and I ended up sticking to onenote because I like how it handles checklists.

Heres a quick rundown of what I do

My main tabs are "Collection | Current | Review | Archive | Quick Notes | Someday (MAYBE) | OOMH" and then I have another set of tabs called Reference which lists accounts at places, web hosting, which sites are where and stuff like that, keywords.... I have another set of tabs with information and links to reading material too.

Anything new I toss into collection right away and then categorize it later (Or I'll put it where it belongs off the bat it just depends.) Quick Notes is when I use the "send to one note" program, it's more or less the same as how I use my Current tab so I should probably consolidate those.

Current has a bunch of lists of all my current projects sorted into pages. Those pages have a link to the hosting reference, they have the KW spreadsheets embedded, they have to-do lists, and other stuff related to each project.

Archive is stuff that's done with. Review are things I need to check over. Someday maybe is for ideas that aren't relevant to right now but I also don't want to forget them. OOMH is "out of my hands" so if I'm waiting to hear from someone about something... I take it off my plate for the time being so I don't get too overwhelmed.

I'll admit I'm not a master at this but I have been using it for a while and its working out well so far. Im the guy who would have 100 notepad files scattered all over my desktop (and sticky notes all over my monitor) and never be able to find anything when I needed it anyways so this has been huge for me.

Back